Make a donation

Poll

Which remap has been the best overall for you?

Custom Code
5 (9.6%)
Amp
0 (0%)
Revo
25 (48.1%)
Bluefin
16 (30.8%)
other (please state)
6 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Remap Poll  (Read 11499 times)

Offline broke.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Remap Poll
« on: February 16, 2009, 10:27:30 am »
After a few problems and let downs with trying to buy a set of wheels for my gti i'm going to spend the money elsewhere, on the engine  :party:

I understand that remaps are for different people, some are better suited for different peoples driving needs.

I currently have a full milltek (non-res) and will be fitting a new intake, again. not sure which one yet as some have mixed reviews (neuspeed)

Thanks, Tom

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: Remap Poll
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 10:31:15 am »
i dont have any of those, mine is by celtic tuning and was 350 quid, but its bloody quick and have seen 251bhp on RR days, i think im going to go revo stage 2 though next. :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline broke.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 10:41:36 am »
christ, awesome price:power ratio there mate. top work. spoke to a few people who've got quality maps for £350. any idea on which intake is best?

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 11:47:33 am »
BEST....im not sure, i just use the carbonio with piperX, it depends on how much you wish to spend really. i think alot of people on here rate the EVOMS one quite highly.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline broke.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 11:54:58 am »
how much did the carbonio set you back joe? i've found a quality looking filter for £189, but its performance i'm not too sure on.

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 12:13:33 pm »
The carbonio is not really worth the money IMO. I had one and it did not make a whole lot of difference, as Joe says many people rate the EVOMS. It givesslightly improved BHP and torque figures and it sounds brilliant  :drool: :drool:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 12:24:50 pm »
Ive had the carbonio on my MK4 and i was a match made in heaven, no experience of it on the MK5 though, i have an EVOMS on my MK5 - superb bit of kit!

My mk4 .:R had a custom code map, although when i get the mk5 mapped i think i am going to be taking the APR route
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:29:53 pm by Very Cherry »

Offline broke.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 12:29:06 pm »
evoms is the daddy i've heard, although expensive. you pay for quality though i guess. they still retail at aroung £280+?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 12:33:03 pm »
evoms is the daddy i've heard, although expensive. you pay for quality though i guess. they still retail at aroung £280+?

We might have a bit of an offer for an intake coming up in the next week or so (mainly for K04 cars but believe we will be able to get a K03 version inlcuded as well).

Watch this space  :happy2:

Offline broke.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 01:06:19 pm »
nice mate, i'll hang fire on that then  :drinking:

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 01:08:50 pm »

We might have a bit of an offer for an intake coming up in the next week or so (mainly for K04 cars but believe we will be able to get a K03 version inlcuded as well).

Watch this space  :happy2:

Im interested in this too :happy2:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 02:36:40 pm »
my map was done at APS im not sure what software they use

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 02:52:14 pm »
Runing the Giac pump,Race maps on my Ed30 Awesome performace from it and works really well 314bhp 340lbsft of torque in pump mode and 321bhp in Race  :happy2:

Toast
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline E30m3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 04:34:42 pm »
When i did look into getting a remap , i decided on Revo, as there software was adjusted for UK car from what i gathered and alos their customer service/help was very good + you can get the REvo select switch .

I also liked the idea of the Bluefin , ie you could add and remove the map at will also it performed just as good as the others if you look at Greennouses graphs and power.

Go with Revo you won't be dissapointed !

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 09:28:23 pm »

Revo for me - Their agents JKM are excellent and Revo HQ give excellent support, plus my VW dealer now has a Revo guy (my doing).

However, as I now have a great working relationship and trust with VWRacing/RacingLine I would consider a custom Superchips via VWR if I was remapping again. Not keen on Bluefin though, especially as I use Macs not Windoze 'puters.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!