Make a donation

Author Topic: PhoneDisk  (Read 1323 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
PhoneDisk
« on: November 13, 2010, 09:34:18 pm »
http://www.macroplant.com/phonedisk/

For a limited time Phone Disk is 100% Free!!

Until September December 1st 2010, we're giving away Phone Disk to everyone for free! If you unlock the software before that date, you get free upgrades and can enjoy the full version of the software on that computer with no expiration (just make sure you enter the code before December 1st)! Use the following registration code to unlock the full version Phone Disk: 2H96A-QK7MX-8GEYK1V-ZR6S8

iPad, iTouch or iPhone Disk Mode is made easy with Phone Disk. Using your standard USB cable, this tiny program runs in the menu bar or system tray of your Mac or PC. When it finds an iPod Touch or iPhone it seamlessly mounts it to your file system so you can directly access its files using Windows Explorer, Finder and every other program.
How would you like to be able to mount a non-jailbroken iOS device as a disk on your Mac or PC? And what if this capability was (for a limited time) free? My guess is that a lot of you would take someone up on an offer like this.

Developer Macroplant has come up with a solution that runs on a Mac with OS X 10.5 or 10.6, or on a PC with Windows XP/Vista/7, that allows you to view the contents of your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. Phone Disk lets you open, copy and save files directly on the device, and you can mount multiple devices simultaneously. If you're a Mac user, you see the iOS file system in the Finder, while Windows users can view it in Windows Explorer. The app runs in the system tray in Windows or the menu bar in Mac OS X, so it's out of the way, but available when you need it.

Note that Phone Disk will not give you "real" root access to your iOS device -- the program allows you to access media files (photos, music, and even apps), but system-level access still requires a jailbreak. Still, this is more access than non-jailbreakers can get otherwise -- if you know where to look, you can even pull soundtrack files out of the apps installed on your iPhone.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: PhoneDisk
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:39:20 pm »
Good find Horatio :happy2: :congrats:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 09:50:56 pm »
 :happy2:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:55:00 pm »
I hear it may not be 100% on Win7 yet but worth a try and I guess they'll iron out the bugs and you'll get the free updates.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available