Make a donation

Author Topic: Custom remaps, who, what, where etc??????  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Custom remaps, who, what, where etc??????
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 10:53:03 pm »
didnt PDT say do a load of custom maps for guys on k03 TFSIs the other day.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 11:06:11 pm »
Firstly, ignore any fly by night mobile outfits. As for the med17, most competent tuners have these cracked now, the maps arent any more difficult to identify and modify than most other ecu's.

Custom mapping is a process of testing, measuring, adjusting, testing, measuring adjusting etc.... So pick someone with the right tools, i.e a modern dyno and datalogging / tuning software etc.....

I spent 5 hours writing a map for a heavily modded vauxhall today, it had already been 'mapped' by someone that had very little experience or knowledge, or both as it was a complete mess. Im still not 100% finished with it, so dont expect a 'fast fit' type service.

Call your selection of tuners, ask the obvious questions, discuss your expectations and outline your requirements. The tuner that seems the most competent and has the right equipment might be worth a try, visit their premises and observe their practices if possible, if you are happy with what you see then give them the job.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 09:34:29 am »
RS Tuning in leeds, sure a few if you have done a RR day there.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 09:57:34 am »
APS

The brains behind the old AMD before it went all weird and BBT bought the brand. Very, very clever chaps.

EDIT. I also understand REVO's stance a bit, there's obviously something about the upgrade they're not happy with and want all the ducks in a row before they touch it... they won't put their name to something they're not 100% with. It may also be down to development cost vs return, as not many people are wanting to K04 relatively new cars.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:03:25 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 01:35:51 pm »
^^^ Just for the record I am not knocking Revo and agree with your points about the possible reasons, but on the flip side for something to go to market they need something to develop/test on, so I am fully expecting it to be a bumpy road getting the K04 running 100% right but do believe there is a growing market with the number of cars running this engine that are starting to get near the end of the warranty.  :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 04:57:57 pm »
i still want to see the stage 2 TSI revo effort on an independent dyno. 

i cant say i believe the awesome-gti results for the scirrocco during the amnesty.

Before awesome ditched APR it said on their website that the k04 TSI produced around 380hp with apr software in comparison to the TFSI k04 which made 350hp.  id suspect the Golf GTI 1/4 times will drop hugely when a few guys have their TSI's k04 converted.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 07:34:02 pm »
what about P-torque.  ive read loads of times how "they were the first to bring out software in the UK for the TFSI and TSI".  Also read laot of positive reviews about him as well.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 12:38:05 am »
jabba can do bespoke custom maps.  surprised at REVO TBH.  It seems like it took an age for them to crack the issues of stage 2 on the TSI,

GIAC is an option.  Contact hurdys pal at stadtlers.  They sorted out mapping from across the pond for his Hybrid k04.  Although i read on SCN that alot of GIAC cars run very high timing correction which obviously isnt good

Statllers is an option. They are doing quite a bit of tuning work on the hybrid K04 with GIAC. Just for clarity the high correction issue was with the hybrid on a beta map to see how far the mapping could be pushed. Correction on the map they are using now is under -3, which for a car running around 430bhp on a hybrid turbo and stock fuelling is superb :happy2:

The only issue you may find with the GIAC side of things is that progress would be zero in the morning as all maps have to come from GIAC HQ. They are good at the customer service side of things though.
Golf R gone.