Make a donation

Author Topic: Extended VW warranty  (Read 1619 times)

Offline wagonboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Nov.2007 ED30 dsg reflex silver
Extended VW warranty
« on: November 10, 2010, 04:01:51 pm »
Hi again, as my ED30 is 3 years old this week  VW  has offered 1 year extended warranty ( best of 3 grades ) covers multiple claims up to price paid for the car for £265.  Obvciously does'nt cover service parts mainly mechanical breakdown and electrical faults. To-date the car has performed brilliantly...no probs, but obviously lots of expensive stuff on it and DSG !! Dont seem too bad for the money to give peace of mind motoring.
Anybody had any good or bad experiences with this policy. Cheers for any feedback   Chris

Offline searly

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Extended VW warranty
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:52:24 pm »
I Purchased my ED30 at 3 years old , I took out the extended cover for an additional 2 years .  I have had a couple of silly niggles that they corrected .  but my fuel pump sensor has just gone , made a phone call to them  and they booked me in under the cover plan .  So for me it seems value for money .

Offline redgem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 12:52:09 am »
265 is that with excess to pay as I paid 437 with no excess to pay including RAC 5* cover.Just felt I had to make sure my dsg was covered. :surprised:

Offline wagonboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 10:26:44 am »
It is with £100 excess. That was my biggest worry the DSG !! You do here a few problems occuring with the mechatronic unit. But to date the car has been fantastic and i have had no issues with the car at all............hope it stays that way.

Offline maf

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 11:05:32 am »
been considering the extended warranty myself, don't have the dsg, would anyone still consider or is it not worth it

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:47:05 pm »
Its one of those maybe it'll pay for itself, maybe it wont. Its not just the DSG that can be expensive to fix if it goes wrong - i seem to have read a lot of air con woes as well which is also expensive to fix

If its your main car or is used a lot then i'd go for it, the peace of mind it will give you will be worth it and at £265, thats only £20 a month, not really a lot when you think about it
Ant

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 04:16:06 pm »

That was my biggest worry the DSG !! You do here a few problems occuring with the mechatronic unit. But to date the car has been fantastic and i have had no issues with the car at all............hope it stays that way.

Firstly, a Warm Welcome to the forum, Chris...............

The DSG box of tricks is happiest when it's regularly serviced (DSG oil + filter). I've done nearly 90k miles on mine and only had a Mechatronics hiccup at around 6k miles.

It's the best of both worlds: Drive and thank 'manual' with the paddles, even on motorways, and pop her into D-mode for traffic crawls or town. S-mode is fun on very busy multi-junction roundabouts. I wouldn't consider owning any car which doesn't have DSG, S-tronic, or its equivalent - I've become a total DSG fanboy.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 04:17:45 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline wagonboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 07:50:22 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome 'Red Robin'. Great forum  :happy2: Chris