Issues with rust that VW declined to repair under warranty
1 (1.7%)
Issue with rust that you still haven't done anything about
7 (12.1%)
No rust
17 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: November 24, 2010, 07:54:54 pm

Author Topic: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!  (Read 204346 times)

Offline andy1979uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!
« Reply #285 on: October 25, 2012, 12:10:19 pm »
Am thinking this has been asked before, but has anyone had the rust issue with the rear badge on the boot ? Mine is starting to bubble and was hoping I could get it repaired ?

Thanks

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #286 on: October 25, 2012, 12:37:24 pm »
The actual badge? Is the 'rust' white?

Offline Neiltdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 8
  • Full Hex+CAN
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: October 26, 2012, 06:52:20 am »
How long did you guys wait after getting your car inspected? Ive been waiting 2 weeks and heard nothing?
Full Hex+CAN in Hampshire.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #288 on: October 26, 2012, 09:30:52 am »

How long did you guys wait after getting your car inspected? Ive been waiting 2 weeks and heard nothing?

....If you read back in this thread you'll see that it varies enormously but I think that many waited weeks rather than days. I was contacted after only 2 days, given a yes, and told I could bring my car in as soon as I liked as long as I said when and they would need it for 2 days. They prep'd, painted, and fitted my new PU OSIR front splitter for free at the same time as they had the paint on the go and it was only an extra 10 minute job. Makes you sick doesn't it!  :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Neiltdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • Full Hex+CAN
    • Email
« Reply #289 on: October 26, 2012, 09:59:44 am »

....If you read back in this thread you'll see that it varies enormously but I think that many waited weeks rather than days. I was contacted after only 2 days, given a yes, and told I could bring my car in as soon as I liked as long as I said when and they would need it for 2 days. They prep'd, painted, and fitted my new PU OSIR front splitter for free at the same time as they had the paint on the go and it was only an extra 10 minute job. Makes you sick doesn't it!  :evilgrin:
Sounds like you got very lucky with that! jammy git.

I also rang them on monday morning they took my mobile number and said they would look into it and get back to me , its friday and still not heard anything  :mad: :fighting:

They are only a 20 second walk from where i work so i think im gonna go have a word at tea break
Full Hex+CAN in Hampshire.

Offline mcr

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #290 on: October 26, 2012, 07:42:13 pm »
My problem:

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #291 on: October 26, 2012, 09:50:18 pm »
Am thinking this has been asked before, but has anyone had the rust issue with the rear badge on the boot ? Mine is starting to bubble and was hoping I could get it repaired ?

Thanks

I had my rusty boot badge repaired at the same time as my front wheel arches and the drivers side sill (all of which had started to bubble under the surface) - VW wouldn't pay the full price of the repair to the badge under warranty but agreed to split the cost 70/30 as a 'gesture of goodwill'. In retrospect I should have waited for the rust to get worse and they may have replaced the tailgate altogether.

jamer

« Reply #292 on: October 29, 2012, 09:04:38 pm »

Also, if someone could send me the PDF to read, that'd be great!

Thanks!

....I can if you PM me your email address to send it to, but I'm off to bed very soon so it might be in the morning.

Evening, I too haven't got 10 posts yet but could you pm me an email address that I could then give you mine on. Want to use this as my leverage when I go into VW this week with two rusty wings.

cheers

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #293 on: October 29, 2012, 09:52:08 pm »
^^^^
@jamer:

I have just sent you the PDF to your hotmail address - Hope it helps and welcome to the forum!  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2012, 08:03:26 pm »
I popped into my local VW today after arranging to meet someone from their warranty department. He inspected both arches and agreed that they need replacing. My details were taken and i was told i would be contacted regarding booking it in for the work to be carried out. 5 o'clock today i get a call asking when is a suitable date to bring it in and now its all booked in for next week.

I'm in quite a bit of shock as to how efficient VW have been with this  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2012, 08:04:39 pm »

I popped into my local VW today after arranging to meet someone from their warranty department. He inspected both arches and agreed that they need replacing. My details were taken and i was told i would be contacted regarding booking it in for the work to be carried out. 5 o'clock today i get a call asking when is a suitable date to bring it in and now its all booked in for next week.

I'm in quite a bit of shock as to how efficient VW have been with this  :smiley:

....Result! That's great news  :happy2:

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: October 30, 2012, 10:33:30 pm »

....Result! That's great news  :happy2:

I even went armed with the PDF you sent me RR. Wasn't even needed. Hopefully VW are starting to take more responsibility on the problem and deciding to resolve the issue instead of fighting it.

Offline Teo10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #297 on: October 31, 2012, 08:21:41 am »
Went into VW Inch Bathgate yesterday, gave them the keys and waited about for 20 minutes and the guy came back out saying they will replace both wings!

Booked in for 20th November to get them both done, they said it will take a week but hopefully less!

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2012, 10:08:28 am »
Went into VW Inch Bathgate yesterday, gave them the keys and waited about for 20 minutes and the guy came back out saying they will replace both wings!

Booked in for 20th November to get them both done, they said it will take a week but hopefully less!

Well done! Glad your getting it sorted! I was very pleased with VW Baisingstoke's help!

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2012, 10:40:26 am »

:happy2: Excellent news. Did they offer you a courtesy car? They only have 3 or 4  but you might be lucky and get one. Think they have a new Jetta, a 1.6 TDI Golf and two up!'s.