Issues with rust that VW declined to repair under warranty
1 (1.7%)
Issue with rust that you still haven't done anything about
7 (12.1%)
No rust
17 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: November 24, 2010, 07:54:54 pm

Author Topic: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!  (Read 204330 times)

Offline RobboGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
Re: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!
« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2012, 06:11:39 pm »
So, has anybody got any pictures from after the repair??

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #316 on: November 27, 2012, 11:59:21 am »

No pics but my tornado red was done VERY well by VW chelmsford. Colour match is spot on and I have a VERY critical eye for detail (www.cambridgeautogleam.com is my company). Their finishing was average.. but nothing a couple of hours with a machine polisher in the hands of an expert couldn't fix. Biggest worry for me was the colour match and TR is the hardest one to match and mine was extremely good.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #317 on: November 27, 2012, 12:16:40 pm »

No pics but my tornado red was done VERY well by VW chelmsford. Colour match is spot on and I have a VERY critical eye for detail (www.cambridgeautogleam.com is my company). Their finishing was average.. but nothing a couple of hours with a machine polisher in the hands of an expert couldn't fix. Biggest worry for me was the colour match and TR is the hardest one to match and mine was extremely good.

Mine is also Tornado Red, had two new wings from Leicester VW, not happy at first because nearside front wing had a paint run! Got it sorted though and colour match is ok. Will detail the front wings when I get back from Afghan, paint will have had 8 months to cure properly! See my thread here: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53197.0.html

Offline RobboGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #318 on: November 27, 2012, 12:32:42 pm »

That's good then, mine is being dealt with by vw chelmsford also! It's going in on Monday to get sorted. DBP so shouldn't be too hard to match anyway.

Offline RobboGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2012, 12:33:15 pm »

That's good then, mine is being dealt with by vw chelmsford also! It's going in on Monday to get sorted. DBP so shouldn't be too hard to match anyway.

Offline RobboGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2012, 12:34:55 pm »

I want to get my car detailed after the repair as well so hopefully the whole car will be mint!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2012, 03:18:27 pm »

Cool. Chris Hollis is the bodyshop manager and was very helpful. Sent photos of the progress and I got him to respray the whole front end while it was in. Looks like a new car now :)
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #322 on: November 27, 2012, 04:03:09 pm »

Cool. Chris Hollis is the bodyshop manager and was very helpful. Sent photos of the progress and I got him to respray the whole front end while it was in. Looks like a new car now :)

....And being a detailer, you are a fussy bugger! So this Chris Hollis fella's paintshop must be good  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2012, 05:06:29 pm »
I also recommend Chris and his body shop at VW Chelmsford I had my wings (brand new good will), bonnet, r32 skirts, r32 lower bumper and votex splitter don there and its spot on and can't fault it.

If anything I made a schoolboy error as I should've got my front bumper and rear upper bumper sprayed but never did and in certain lights I can tell the difference. Lesson learnt I suppose lol

Offline RobboGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2012, 06:04:29 pm »

How much did that cost to get the front bumper sprayed up then? Wouldn't mind mine doing along with the side skirts and rear lower bumper!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #325 on: November 27, 2012, 06:23:43 pm »

How much did that cost to get the front bumper sprayed up then? Wouldn't mind mine doing along with the side skirts and rear lower bumper!

I paid about £650 in the end to have the bonnet, front bumper and splitter painted. I had lots of stone chips so needed quite a bit of prep work.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2012, 06:37:02 pm »

If your skirts an rear are textured ones he won't colour code them. Partly to do with it deviating from VW spec and that there could be defects form through stone chips scuffing the paint. Both these reasons is why I got R32 skirts

Offline Teo10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #327 on: November 28, 2012, 02:39:10 pm »
Got my car back yesterday after getting two new front wings... I put it in on Monday and picked up the car at half 4 on Tuesday! to be fair it was expected after getting messed about last week!

So good colour match and look perfect now, something to cross of my list... Now just for a ranting phonecall to Edinburgh City Council insurers who REFUSE to pay for damage binmen did to my car :fighting:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #328 on: November 28, 2012, 03:02:03 pm »

Now just for a ranting phonecall to Edinburgh City Council insurers who REFUSE to pay for damage binmen did to my car :fighting:

....They are just hoping that their resistance will make you go away. Don't give up and put everything in writing and make contact with the local press in preparation to embarrass them into action.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Teo10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #329 on: November 28, 2012, 03:46:52 pm »

Now just for a ranting phonecall to Edinburgh City Council insurers who REFUSE to pay for damage binmen did to my car :fighting:

....They are just hoping that their resistance will make you go away. Don't give up and put everything in writing and make contact with the local press in preparation to embarrass them into action.

Without a doubt, Im going to take them to a small claims if I have to. The fact they stated the binmen out on duty that day had no recollection of it happening made the insurers believe they werent at fault.. They took 3 bloody months to get the statement from them, how are they going to remember that or admit to it!

Somehow magically my car got covered in dust that the bins were covered in and it there is no car that could make the scratches and dents at the angle they are at.