Issues with rust that VW declined to repair under warranty
1 (1.7%)
Issue with rust that you still haven't done anything about
7 (12.1%)
No rust
17 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: November 24, 2010, 07:54:54 pm

Author Topic: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!  (Read 204395 times)

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2012, 07:23:16 am »
They are taking full responsibility with my bonnet either a repair or replacement not bothered either way as it's fixed. Waiting on insurance then it will all be getting done at once

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2012, 04:06:06 pm »
Just noticed the dreaded rust bubbling under the surface of both front wheel arches. Has anyone had any experience of gilders in Sheffield with these anti corrosion cases?  My car has had a mixture of vw and independent servicing so not sure whether they will honour the anti-corrosion warranty in my case. Dreading the arguements tbh.

Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2012, 11:51:50 am »
How bad can the rust be to try and put a claim in, as on my boot I have 3 or 4 bubbles about 4mm each can't really see them but still it's there. Don't really want to go to the dealership and they just laugh at me, any help?

Thanks

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2012, 07:25:59 pm »
How bad can the rust be to try and put a claim in, as on my boot I have 3 or 4 bubbles about 4mm each can't really see them but still it's there. Don't really want to go to the dealership and they just laugh at me, any help?

Thanks

If it's there then you can put a claim in mate. You need to goto a dealer with a bodyshop for it assessing.

Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2012, 07:43:21 pm »

Thanks

If it's there then you can put a claim in mate. You need to goto a dealer with a bodyshop for it assessing.

Sweet thanks  :signLOL:

Ill have a look to see where the closest is to me and see what they can do :)

Offline Meallbhan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2012, 10:25:32 pm »
I managed to get my wings done on warranty a couple of weeks ago.  They were satisfied there were no previous repairs and agreed to sort them.  They said they would probably replace both wings, so I put a small mark on each wing behind the door, that only I knew was there. 

I got the car back and the marks were still there. They have done and exellent repair job though and I'm just happy the warranty worked for me.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2012, 04:26:20 pm »
I spent a couple of hours yesterday washing my Candy ED30 and only when I got to the tailgate did I spot the dreaded rust.

There appears to be a small (Approx 5mm) rust spot right under the rear screen on the tailgate (Basically where all the water collects), i looked at it and it appears to be rusting from under the paint and appears to have "Broken Through" the paint making a small crack in the paint which is where the rust seems to be coming from, suppose I will be contacting VW after my holidays to see about getting that sorted!.

My car is an 08 plate (May 08) so not even 4 years old yet!!!!

I would not mind so much but I replaced the tailgate on my MK4 1.8T GTI 18 months ago due to rust under the screen on tailgate!!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:30:13 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

MPS

« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2012, 04:43:34 pm »
I spent a couple of hours yesterday washing my Candy ED30 and only when I got to the tailgate did I spot the dreaded rust.

There appears to be a small (Approx 5mm) rust spot right under the rear screen on the tailgate (Basically where all the water collects), i looked at it and it appears to be rusting from under the paint and appears to have "Broken Through" the paint making a small crack in the paint which is where the rust seems to be coming from, suppose I will be contacting VW after my holidays to see about getting that sorted!.

My car is an 08 plate (May 08) so not even 4 years old yet!!!!

I would not mind so much but I replaced the tailgate on my MK4 1.8T GTI 18 months ago due to rust under the screen on tailgate!!

:surprised: I thought my 55 plate rusting was bad enough. VW are a joke nowadays. 1960's Vauxhalls used to rust, not modern VW's!  :mad:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2012, 04:54:05 pm »
Yup, clearly the area where mk5 parts werew stored was a tad damp and they were not prepared properly before paint.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2012, 09:11:30 pm »
My local dealership has assessed the rust on the two front arches, drivers sill and just under the passenger window. Gave me the usual story about the rust on the arches not being covered as this is a mechanical fault due to the arch liner..we'll see what happens when VWUK get back to me.

TBH I'm not hopeful, but thanks to this thread know what I should be saying to VWUK when they come back with a "no".

One interesting thing that was said which may be of use to other people, rust on the sill is a known problem to VW. Apparently, earlier Mark 5's had two bolts holding the sill to the front wing. These are prone to failure and in later editions were replaced by 2 nickel bolts and a fixing plate. Unfortunately for me, this is considered under the parts warranty that runs for 3 years as opposed to the anti corrosion warranty.

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2012, 10:39:51 pm »
Vw leicester - parkway. Have had all rust that I have claimed for approved for 100% payment, with no arguement.

Goes in tomorrow. Fingers crossed they do a good job 1st time round.

Offline chippy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2012, 05:33:23 pm »
rust bubbles on drivers front wing. took it to the dealers. they photographed it and measured the paint. 5 days later got a call that vw will pay 100% of the repair and have sorted a hire car out for me too. found out they sub contract the repairs to a good bodyshop. spoken to them and having a full machine polish with a another rust spot on the rear drivers side sill and a small mark on the bumper done for £180. result i think.

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2012, 09:35:05 pm »
Has anyone been offered 70/30 and successfully negotiated with VW for them to pay the full amount?

If so how did you go about doing this? The dealership have been great and done all they can so I suspect that it's a call to VWUK next.

Cheers

Offline Robo999

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: April 01, 2012, 06:09:50 pm »
Same problem on my golf. 55 plate and the front arches are showing rust at top of both the arches. goes in to the bodyshop tommorow to have the examination and photos taken. Itl be goin to s+a autos in loughborough, the body shop for arthur prince vw. anybody had any work done there?
Shark Performance Stage 1, itg intake, 3"downpipe decat,  miltek cat back,
Rcd 310.

Im leaving it standard..... Honest

Offline maxxximus

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #209 on: April 01, 2012, 06:21:37 pm »
No rust on mine yet. Hope you get a result  :party: