Issues with rust that VW declined to repair under warranty
1 (1.7%)
Issue with rust that you still haven't done anything about
7 (12.1%)
No rust
17 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: November 24, 2010, 07:54:54 pm

Author Topic: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!  (Read 204233 times)

Offline Andy1994

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
Re: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!
« Reply #495 on: February 28, 2014, 09:11:23 pm »
had mine done in october both door sills and new front wing, lacquer on door started pealing where blended went back and getting done again, no arguments

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #496 on: February 28, 2014, 09:13:16 pm »
That's better news than I was expecting as I'd heard they only offered a max of 50% ... Cheers lads I'll give vw a bell tomorrow
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Gobytibbs

« Reply #497 on: February 28, 2014, 10:46:48 pm »
Might be worth having this to hand just to spout off if you get bad news!

Offline N417H4N

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #498 on: April 02, 2014, 10:43:20 pm »
Got to drop mine in at VW in Derby on Saturday so will keep you updated with my results! :scared:

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #499 on: April 02, 2014, 10:59:45 pm »
Fingers crossed for you  :happy2:

Offline Gti man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #500 on: April 03, 2014, 07:25:54 pm »
I think your right if it's covered in vw warranty the vw should fix it.
Is it dependent on what dealership you take it too or is it all of them.

I take it the rusting start in the wheel arch. What are you looking for,
Holes? Bubbling in the paint work, I take it that it spreads to the arches?
That's when you go to the vw?

People say that is more common in earlier GTIs
Mines a 07 so don't know where that's sits in that time frame.

But defo I am total agreement vw should fix any rust problems.

Offline MKT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #501 on: May 06, 2014, 04:58:30 pm »
Hi guys has anyone had recent success from VW with claims? I'm hoping to have mine inspected later this week but don't hold out much hope! I'm trying my local dealership Inchcape in Manchester. Has anyone used them previously for any rust claims?? Cheers

Offline shreddedmeat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #502 on: May 06, 2014, 05:06:22 pm »
Hi guys has anyone had recent success from VW with claims? I'm hoping to have mine inspected later this week but don't hold out much hope! I'm trying my local dealership Inchcape in Manchester. Has anyone used them previously for any rust claims?? Cheers

Doubt they will have changed their minds about fobbing people off. Unless you have FVWSH etc I wouldn't get your hopes up tbh. I was ready to pull the trigger on small claims court a few months back but I got sick of the stress of dealing with them.

I already have two nice new wings ready to go on, cost me a fraction of what VW wanted  :happy2: I'll never use a VW dealer again because of this.
'06 Tornado Red 5 door manual

Can help with or fit VCDS / Cruise control / CAN gateways / RNS in North East

Offline MKT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #503 on: May 06, 2014, 05:20:46 pm »

Doubt they will have changed their minds about fobbing people off. Unless you have FVWSH etc I wouldn't get your hopes up tbh. I was ready to pull the trigger on small claims court a few months back but I got sick of the stress of dealing with them.

I already have two nice new wings ready to go on, cost me a fraction of what VW wanted  :happy2: I'll never use a VW dealer again because of this.

Cheers mate, I thought as much. Even if they offer me 50/50 or 70/30 it will probably still workout cheaper for me to get my mate to do the work. It was just out of principle but I can't be bothered jumping through hoops to end up with no result.

Offline Vwgticrazy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
« Reply #504 on: May 06, 2014, 06:09:08 pm »
I will never go to vw again after my experience even though I did get 100% eventually for the wings but sills weren't done even though it was passed by vw to fix corrosion on them so i ended up going to local garage for sills and paying for it myself !the stress it caused and the attitude of people from vw and vw stoke (manager)was just a joke ,12 years anti corrosion should mean what it says my car was only 6years old and original with full vwsh.

Offline SeaV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #505 on: May 07, 2014, 10:09:54 pm »
Took my 55 mk5 gti into my local dealership last Thursday having had a rust bubble appear just at the top of the near side front wheel arch, because I had read the thread and multiple posts on here.
They photographed it, spotted it had just started (minuscule ) on the right side front too, used a paint depth meter on both wings to establish if it was original paint, and sent off a request to VW to see if they would cover it.
Today I got a phone call to say VW had agreed to 50% =£400 for the pair of wings, BUT the dealers claimed they were not happy with that and had pushed VW WHO THEN AGREED TO FUND AT 100%!   Bear in mind my car is now 9 years old and has 104,500 miles on the clock, and it had a full main dealer history up until last month when I decided to go to a local garage.  No quibbling so far - just waiting for date they can fit it in and have a courtesy car available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline MKT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #506 on: May 07, 2014, 10:48:36 pm »
Took my 55 mk5 gti into my local dealership last Thursday having had a rust bubble appear just at the top of the near side front wheel arch, because I had read the thread and multiple posts on here.
They photographed it, spotted it had just started (minuscule ) on the right side front too, used a paint depth meter on both wings to establish if it was original paint, and sent off a request to VW to see if they would cover it.
Today I got a phone call to say VW had agreed to 50% =£400 for the pair of wings, BUT the dealers claimed they were not happy with that and had pushed VW WHO THEN AGREED TO FUND AT 100%!   Bear in mind my car is now 9 years old and has 104,500 miles on the clock, and it had a full main dealer history up until last month when I decided to go to a local garage.  No quibbling so far - just waiting for date they can fit it in and have a courtesy car available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a fantastic result. I'm hoping to get mine looked at this week or next. I hope I get some joy with mine. Out of interest which stealers did you go to?

Offline SeaV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
*** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!
« Reply #507 on: June 02, 2014, 10:18:17 pm »
I'll let you know when it's done! The dealers use a third party body shop, so I'm getting the high level rear brake light replaced at the same time, and the headlights polished -  yesterday car went in for the work - hope it goes well - so I have a Suzuki Alto for a week!  Scary thing to drive, but nippy and better than walking :)

Offline justcallmeal

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #508 on: June 03, 2014, 10:27:59 am »
Great news!!!

VW HQ seem to be changing their policy regarding their 100% policy and are starting to honour it.  I had the passenger wing done about a year ago at 100% contribution and 3 months later the drivers side started to rust and VW were looking for 50% customer contribution.  I held off doing the work and FINALLY have got the outcome I want.  VW will honour their warranty as stated in the owners manual.

May I give a big word of thanks to CarlW who gave good advise on how to pursue the claim to a positive outcome - Cheers mate!

Long story short, don't accept anything else than 100%.  Always be polite but firm.  Don't back down.

I dealt with a chap at VW HQ warranties called James and he couldn't have been more helpful or professional.

Good luck to all with your ongoing claims.  I'm due to go in in 2 weeks to get right what should have been done a while ago but all's come good in the end.

Al

Offline SeaV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
*** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!
« Reply #509 on: June 10, 2014, 06:57:52 pm »

That's a fantastic result. I'm hoping to get mine looked at this week or next. I hope I get some joy with mine. Out of interest which stealers did you go to?

I went to Barnards, Stowmarket - they get their bodywork done through Rackhams in Ipswich, picked it up today - looks good.