Make a donation

Author Topic: Car jacking  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Pmoky gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Car jacking
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:00:33 pm »
Hey guys just sharing an incident that happened to me today
I was on myway to Huddersfield from home,have to pass through Liverpool to get onto m62,going through Kensington,pulled up at set of lights,about 4 cars ahead and loads behind,I noticed a White focus estate behind me and the driver had I high vis jacket/like ones police had,so I kept checking my rear view mirror and whilst I glanced again I noticed a guy getting out of I think it was a silver fiesta,passenger side,didn't think anything of it,so just looked ahead waiting for lights to change,next thing I know some 6ft odd guy was pulling at my passenger door handle and banging on window shouting open the door,I sh*t one thinking I was getting car jacked I floored it into the opposite lane onto oncoming traffic,thankfully there was no cars coming
As I checked back to see where guy had gone he had disappeared and fiesta had slipped off down a side road
I was soo shocked at what had just happened,it was 2 in the afternoon
Broad daylight with so many cars around/witnesses
So glad I had locked my car,I need to get the antihijack doors done at my dealers,because I do not want this happening when my wife drives it with my kids
Makes me hate Liverpool even more
Rant over
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:05:20 pm by Pmoky gti »

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: Car jacking
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:11:32 pm »
ill come and do the doors for you if your only in hudds mate FOC,  glad your okay but makes you think every time your in the car,  I had it happen to me a couple of years ago when I had my scooby, same has what happened to you but I was in Morley, Leeds.

Offline Pmoky gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 09:37:43 pm »
Cheers for the offer mate,was on way to Huddersfield to buy a mountainbike
I live in Birkenhead and actually work in Liverpool,don't use gti for work though I have me wides polo for that
Just spoke to my bro inlaw who's a armed response unit for Cheshire police and he's told me to report incident just so merseyside police know what happened
He also said I was right in doing what I did/sped off
It's making me wary of using golf now and even more so me wife,as me bro inlaw says it's gets worse towards xmas

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:55:45 pm »
What the fudge?!?!?

Horrendous to hear. Can't imagine what it's like. Good to hear you're okay.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:02:01 pm »
A similar thing happened to me a while ago. A car kept on driving right up to my bumper, then hanging right back. We both pulled up at some lights, and being suspicious I left plenty of space between myself and the car in front. Lo and behold, two guys jump out of the car and start moving towards mine. I just floored it down the wrong side of the road and away.

What are the anti-hijack doors? Do they just auto-lock when you drive away?

Oh, and where were you getting your bike from? I know a few bike shops in Huddersfield.

Offline Pmoky gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 10:19:30 pm »
I was meeting a guy there,2nd kona stinky with some brand new rock shox boxxer forks,hope brakes
Made up with bike but not how day panned out

Nasir

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 10:46:52 pm »
ill come and do the doors for you if your only in hudds mate FOC,  glad your okay but makes you think every time your in the car,  I had it happen to me a couple of years ago when I had my scooby, same has what happened to you but I was in Morley, Leeds.

It's not the best of places.

Glad to hear you got away from the scum, just be aware that thieves will also dress up as Police officers so ask for some real ID before unlocking the door.

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 10:55:23 pm »
There is some f'kin scum about  :fighting:

Just always make sure the doors are locked and dont pull up too close to the car in front. TBH if it was about to happen to me I think I would just ram the car behind if the worst came to the worst.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Chris

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 11:43:07 pm »
sh*t i've been working in liverpool recently, time for a company car or i dont go

h4rdy

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 12:10:30 am »
Holy sh*t, it makes you wonder sometimes if its all worth it.

Anti Jack is always on in mine.

My wife used to work in a Childrens Nursery with quite a few famous people swanning about in Cayennes and the like.

Anyway one particular famous person had a new R32.

On the way to pick her kids up somebody smashed into the back of her and as she got out somebody jumped in.

She was scared more because five minutes later and she would have had her kids in the car.

The police said they would have stopped a mile up the road and just put the kids at the side of the road!

WTF who in there right mind would do that?

Me personally I would run the barstewardss over no sweat if they get in my way but would probably land me in jail with their cousins and uncles!

They were targetting all the WAGs and celebrities in their flash motors BTW and they found the R32 dumped locally to the nursery

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 11:29:08 am »
Shocking mate, glad to hear your alright and the car is in one piece!

Whenever i get into my car the first thing i do is lock the doors, especially in multi-storers. The only reason i do it is because my dad used to tell me about times he had when he used to work in London, he said it mainly happened to women, simply because they would leave their handbags on the passenger seat and jackers would just open the door quick grab it and run off!.

I think this is one of those things where you never think it would happen to you.

Offline maf

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 11:32:30 am »
 :surprised: liverpool of all places eh... kin tossers. lets just all be extra careful

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 11:47:53 am »
not good!

I drove over to malayasia from singapore last year to get a load of cheap DVD's etc etc, on my way back over to singapore you go through a city called JOHOR, im sat quing wanting to go through immigration in the car and i hear my back door go, turn around quickly and theres and small malay guy sat in the back of my car holding a knife!! he grabs all my bags of shopping and ciggerettes and runs off!! im sat thinking WTF just happened!!  :surprised: if he had grabbed the bag on the front seat then id have been foooked as it had my passport in!  :chicken: :grin:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 12:28:55 pm »
Ah, Johor Baru. Got to be careful over there, and the route up to Sepang, that's bandit country.

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 12:31:42 pm »
Deffo report to the police, if they were really interested as well they might be able to get finger prints off the door when he was trying to get in to it unless he was wearing gloves? Worth a go tho to try catch the thieving scum bags!
Ant