Make a donation

Author Topic: Itunes people, I need a little help  (Read 1077 times)

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Itunes people, I need a little help
« on: November 14, 2010, 03:08:16 pm »
I dont use Itunes but the GF does, recently our laptop died completely and we lost the itunes account details, i have managed to find the email address it was registered to but my question is regarding the items she had purchased on this account.

If we manage to retrieve the login info and get inti the account, will all of the purchased items still be saved on the account to download and save on the iphones/ipads we use, or will it be lost with the dead laptop?

Thanks.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Itunes people, I need a little help
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 03:12:47 pm »
Lost I'm afraid. That's why it's always a good idea to do incremental back ups.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 03:17:20 pm »
When you log back into your itunes account (iforgot.apple.com to reset password) if you try buyin a item you already bought it may tell you this has already been purchased do you want to just redownload?

If it doesn't and all the tracks are still on your phone you can get them off your ipad/iphone. Or you can contact apple who can help you download the items again.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 03:21:24 pm »
Ive just managed to get my password back and recover all account info. If I search for certain artists it tells me that I have bought items from them before but doesnt list my purchases anywhere :sad1:

Might try and find reciepets for the purchases, that way I can find each item individually and download it again free?

Ideally your account would have a purchased list, might go to my loacl apple shop and see if anyone can help.... They are usually great with helping out with most things.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 03:45:18 pm »
I've had the same issue with an album I downloaded via my phone. When syncing the album disappeared completely. I contacted Apple who said that the tracks are available to download again following the purchase, but only for a very limited time. They couldn't help basically.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 04:15:47 pm »
Go instore, they will explain the process

Offline els904

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 06:57:41 pm »
Assuming that the music is still on the iPod, there are applications downloadable from the web (the better ones must be paid for) which allow you to copy the stuff back to your computer - often with playlists etc intact.