Make a donation

Author Topic: 3D TV's - which one?  (Read 7451 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: 3D TV's - which one?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 08:20:06 pm »
As with any Technology progression is fuelled by necessity so i guess as to wether it is true we will have to wait and see :happy2:

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 08:21:37 pm »
there is a group test in this months what hifi, they are usually biased towards sony. If i had the money i would go for the Panasonic, then the series 9 Smasung although i would always be concerned about the durability of samsung products and the sound quality is not always that good. But i must admit the 50" plasma sansung is a bargin.

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 08:49:32 pm »
We also looked at a similar deal Hurdy although they had a 3 week waiting list and they cant even guarantee that.

So they priced the next model up which came to £1800 with the 3D Blu Ray player, 4 glasses and the HDMI cable. Priced it up on Amazon for £1400.

This is ours  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003QHY0YG/ref=oss_product

The glasses are actually £8 cheaper in Currys if your passing its worth the save. HDMI Cable was £13.99 as apose to Currys £79.99. Not sure the quality will be 60 odd quids worth better.

EDIT AGAIN: There is a review against the model you mentioned and the next model above the one I have linked and guess which the user preffered ^^ :smiley:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:55:08 pm by Edition30 »
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 08:52:06 pm »
there is a group test in this months what hifi, they are usually biased towards sony. If i had the money i would go for the Panasonic, then the series 9 Smasung although i would always be concerned about the durability of samsung products and the sound quality is not always that good. But i must admit the 50" plasma sansung is a bargin.

Yeah, I bought the What HiFi (sound and vision) magazines with the awards 2010 and the 3D TV supertest. The Samsung PS50C6900 in that review (won the best  3D TV award 2010) is the virtually the same as the one on offer in Curry's (same screen and tech features). The only difference is that the C680 doesn't have internet TV facility, which isn't a concern as the 3D Blu-ray player has the internet feature anyway :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 08:55:24 pm »
The glasses are actually £8 cheaper in Currys if your passing its worth the save. HDMI Cable was £13.99 as apose to Currys £79.99. Not sure the quality will be 60 odd quids worth better.

:happy2:

Oh, and with the Samsung plasma you DON'T need to buy 1.4 cables, it works perfectly well on the 1.3 ones (AV forum tested them)......unless you really want to use ethernet features. :wink:
Golf R gone.

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 08:57:20 pm »

:happy2:

Oh, and with the Samsung plasma you DON'T need to buy 1.4 cables, it works perfectly well on the 1.3 ones (AV forum tested them)......unless you really want to use ethernet features. :wink:

Ah right dirty sales man  :fighting:

Good job we didnt pay £80 then.

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
Golf R gone.

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 09:01:36 pm »

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 09:43:23 pm »
I use our SOny S570 to connect to the net and also to the PC so that you can stream music, pictures videos etc. Its not a bad player for the price i paid on amazon.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 10:33:43 pm »
Golf R gone.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 10:38:44 pm »
sony came in the other days an i got a blast on the various tv's with the various glasses available, and with the expensive glasses it changed my mind about 3d.

The cinema 3D is nothing compared to the proper glasses.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • .:R32
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 11:37:09 am »
I've just bought myself (early Christmas present!  :smiley:) a Sony Bravia KDL-46HX803 (46" LED) and the 3D pack.

Sony might be late to the 3D party and you might have to buy the stuff seperately, but it works well and the picture is pretty good. I'm not a fan of 3D really and I think it's abit of a fad, but I thought I'd check it out and I'm pleasantly suprised. I doubt I'll be watching many movies but I'm hoping 3D PS3 games might start to appear which is where I think the market could really develop.

The TV is also networked and all the new built in iPlayer, Demand5 and YouTube apps are very handy.

The current VAT back scheme makes its a bit more appealing as well. I also like Sony Media Bar system which integrates everything from the Blu Ray player and surround sound system to the PS3 into the existing TV menu system, meaning everything can be operated with one remote. PS3 shuts down with the TV too which is handy.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 11:52:35 am »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I looked at the KDL-46HX903 and even though it is now £2125 with the VAT off it is still very pricey for an LED TV that still has crosstalk issues (when I saw the demo in the Sony shop in Meadowhall) and needs another £100+ for glasses and the 3D converter. Excellent for absolutely everything else though and the HX803 cannot be dissimilar. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • .:R32
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 12:04:27 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I looked at the KDL-46HX903 and even though it is now £2125 with the VAT off it is still very pricey for an LED TV that still has crosstalk issues (when I saw the demo in the Sony shop in Meadowhall) and needs another £100+ for glasses and the 3D converter. Excellent for absolutely everything else though and the HX803 cannot be dissimilar. :happy2:

There has been a recent firmware update that appears to have resolved a lot of the issues. I'm very happy with it, the picture is fantastic (post-calibration). Just waiting for FreeviewHD to roll out in Guildford and I'll even happier.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 11:08:56 pm »
Well it is rather large :surprised:

Golf R gone.