Make a donation

Author Topic: wierd  (Read 1949 times)

Offline smithyc1987

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
  • 08 Tornado red gti monza 2s and full leather.
    • Email
wierd
« on: November 17, 2010, 05:14:27 pm »
please help wierd little car  :signLOL: today i nipped to my local shop was there 5 mins when came out started her up and my esp, tyre pressure and steering wheel lights were all lit on the dash, then i noticed my trip computer had re-set its self also all my stereo has reset to factory so had to set bass treble hpf lpf.
car has been fine since and when i drove away all dash lights went off again.
random  :signLOL: cars an 08 gti

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: wierd
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 05:32:07 pm »
Sounds like battery dis-connect/loss of power.  The ESP tyre warning and steering have to re-calibrate after power loss.  Doesnt help on why this happened but the warning lights are normal.

I assume the bonnet hadnt been messed about with while you were gone?  if not might be worth checking the battery terminals  :confused:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline smithyc1987

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
  • 08 Tornado red gti monza 2s and full leather.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 05:41:14 pm »
nobody near the car. the bonnet hasent been opened and the car started fine didnot struggle i have an optima yellow top gel battery as i like my car audio and that thing is amazing, i cant personaly see there being dodgy wiring to this as it was fitted at my usual audio center and they are top banna  :signLOL: never had an issue before, coujld it be anything to do with me not locking the  car as i usually do but for some reason didnt today  :sad1:

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 08:14:56 pm »
may be worth checking the earth cable from the battery to its earthing point.? if it is loos or dirty might be making earth some times and no others