Make a donation

Author Topic: HDR Animals Images – Erasing the Line between Reality and Imaging  (Read 1379 times)

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog

http://www.cruzine.com/2010/09/27/hdr-animal-photograhy/

Dynamic range in photography is what stands behind the commercial term “contrast ratio” or the ratio between the brightest and the darkest parts of the image or a device for capturing or displaying images. For comparison, paper dynamic range equals to about 100:1 ratio, that of a plasma display is about 5000:1, and the dynamic range of a real-life environment can be estimated with the ration up to 100000:1. High dynamic range or HDR photography strives for reaching the contrast as close to reality as the most progressive technical means allow. That is why, HDR photographs always look very real to human eye, featuring high color depth, exceptional detailing, and almost perfect distinction between bright and dark parts of the image.

To show you the present achievements in HDR photography, Cruzine prepared this showcase with animals images. Nature is the most gifted and talented artist ever known on Earth. Variety of colors, shapes, and textures, created by Nature, still remains at an unbeatable record level for human artists. However, centuries of our evolution did help us to approach the highest standards, set by Nature. Today, HDR photography represents one of the most progressive imaging techniques. Looking at the HDR photos, such as those, collected below, creates the feeling of looking at the real-life objects and sceneries. Photography, perhaps, has never been so close to reality as it is now, thanks to such powerful techniques as HDR imaging. Cruzine welcomes all our readers to view this gallery of animals HDR images and enjoy the power of photography progress and evolution.

:happy2:

Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
Re: HDR Animals Images – Erasing the Line between Reality and Imaging
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 12:36:12 pm »
I was under the impression that HDR was done by taking a set of 3 images, one under-exposed, one over and one normal and then merging them together with software? This technique wouldn't be possible with animals due to them moving about.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:44:53 pm »
Certainly a good read but I've never really been struck by HDR images. I don't know if it's because it's not what my eyes naturally see in the field. It seems a little artificial :s is it just me?

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 12:50:36 pm »
I need to see the pic on my laptop but looks amazing on my phone. I know if a camera takes RAW pictures then through software manipulation, you can enhance it.

HDRI previously required three pictures but some cameras can do this automatically. I think RR's Fuji EXR does this by taking two pics simultaneously and combining them.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.