Make a donation

Author Topic: 911 GT3 RS  (Read 5665 times)

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
911 GT3 RS
« on: November 20, 2010, 04:08:57 pm »
I've just followed a brand new 997 GT3 RS for about 10 minutes on my way home and all i can say is wow!!! It was white with red wheels and decals and the presence this car had blew me away. I now want one! He booted it a couple of times as well and it sounded amazing. Has anyone else come across one of these on the road?. Pictures and videos don't do this car justice in my opinion.

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
Re: 911 GT3 RS
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 04:12:09 pm »
Seen a few at the Nurburgring in the past and I agree, truly awesome.  It's my lottery win car! :happy2:

FOR SALE!

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 04:21:00 pm »
You and i both!! time to go to the shops and get a ticket ;). I felt kinda bad as i may have cut someone up just a little to get behind him, Ooops  :grin:

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 04:26:45 pm »
A guy I work with has just traded in his GTR for a standard GT3 in red. It's a stunning machine, far nicer than the Nissan was.

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 04:33:34 pm »
Must be nice to trade in something like that lol. For one i bet the build quality blows away the nissan. After seeing this one today i would seriously take the RS over many a super car.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 04:38:23 pm »
Looked like this? But this is a grey one obviously lol

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 04:46:14 pm »

^^^^  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:  Stunning!

Porsches have Style!

I felt kinda bad as i may have cut someone up just a little to get behind him, Ooops  :grin:

....I've done the same! Both with a Porsche and on another occasion with a Lambo. Just to be able to enjoy their exhaust music!   :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 04:49:13 pm »
Must be nice to trade in something like that lol. For one i bet the build quality blows away the nissan.

He didn't like the GTR much. He even preferred the RS4 he had before it, and the trade-in value was terrible, sub-£40K, and with very few miles on it.

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 04:50:12 pm »
Yep chungster looked exactly the same as that, and damn the paint work on that looks wet!! stunning.

RR lol that's exactly why i did it just on the off chance he would open her up!. It has to be done we are car enthusiasts after all  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 05:16:32 pm »

RR lol that's exactly why i did it just on the off chance he would open her up!. It has to be done we are car enthusiasts after all  :happy2:

....Too damned right!  :happy2:. It's gotta be done... Just as long as one stays driving safely.

I was lucky with the Lambo as our 2-car 'convoy' went on for about 20 miles down the dual carriageway A34. There was traffic, so I kept a good braking distance but didn't let anyone in between. The traffic meant that we had short gaps to accelerate in and then had to slow down for the next clear gap - All great for exhaust music. Fortunately most cars in the righthand lane were moving over for the Lambo, as indeed I did when I first spotted it in my rearview mirror.

Of course when the traffic cleared much more, he was gone and I wasn't going to go into instant licence losing territory trying to keep him in sight.

Has anyone else noticed that you can be cruising along on dual carriageway in the 80's and a high performance car such as a Porsche etc will come batting along over 100, all very smooth and well behaved - Nothing wrong in that imo, but how come those guys don't seem to ever get caught for speeding?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:18:44 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 06:17:43 pm »
Yup got VERY close to one at the Nurburgring when the dodgy old duffer who was driving it (who clearly couldn't drive it properly) was adamant he didn't want to let a 'Golf' past!  :laugh:

Got past eventually!  :evilgrin:

BTW, I genuinely wasn't trying to race him, he was just holding me up! 

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 06:42:37 pm »

Yup got VERY close to one at the Nurburgring when the dodgy old duffer who was driving it (who clearly couldn't drive it properly) was adamant he didn't want to let a 'Golf' past!  :laugh:

....[Note to self: If I ever get a Porsche and drive it on Nordschleife, make sure I don't get in Nathan's way - He'll be calling me a dodgy old duffer!]

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 06:45:55 pm »
Seen a few at the Nurburgring in the past and I agree, truly awesome.  It's my lottery win car! :happy2:

seen a few??? if your not in a porsche your one of the minority at the ring.

One of those track prepped porsche GT models side swiped a bike in front of me last year at  the rng.  entirely the bikers fault IMO thogh.  he was driving like a grade 1 t!t 

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 07:23:09 pm »

....Too damned right!  :happy2:. It's gotta be done... Just as long as one stays driving safely.

I was lucky with the Lambo as our 2-car 'convoy' went on for about 20 miles down the dual carriageway A34. There was traffic, so I kept a good braking distance but didn't let anyone in between. The traffic meant that we had short gaps to accelerate in and then had to slow down for the next clear gap - All great for exhaust music. Fortunately most cars in the righthand lane were moving over for the Lambo, as indeed I did when I first spotted it in my rearview mirror.

Of course when the traffic cleared much more, he was gone and I wasn't going to go into instant licence losing territory trying to keep him in sight.

Has anyone else noticed that you can be cruising along on dual carriageway in the 80's and a high performance car such as a Porsche etc will come batting along over 100, all very smooth and well behaved - Nothing wrong in that imo, but how come those guys don't seem to ever get caught for speeding?

That sounds awesome RR what Lambo was it?. Yep i've definitely noticed that, the last one i saw was Mercedes CL63 AMG and that must have just been cruising at 110-120 and i was sat at 75, it was way way in the distance within a few minutes.

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 07:24:25 pm »

TBH Greeners wouldn't you be the same if it was the other way round, If i had spent all that money on a high performance sports car and saw a golf on my arse trying to get past i'd be pissed haha.