Make a donation

Author Topic: 330i m sport (e90)  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
Re: 330i m sport (e90)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 09:01:16 pm »
I have a 58 plate 330i M Sport coupe (E92) and I bloody love it!  :grin:

It drives way nicer than my GTI did and handles like a dream. It's not as good on fuel as the GTI it seems. On a long run on the motorway, it'll get nearly 40mpg but round town it's only getting about 25mpg which is a few lower than I got from the GTI. I wouldn't swap back though!

One thing to note is that everyone I know with an E90 has had to have the fuel injectors replaced. I have just had all my injectors, all the spark plugs and the fuel pump replaced under warranty. I have only 19k miles on it too!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 09:19:38 pm »

It drives way nicer than my GTI did and handles like a dream. It's not as good on fuel as the GTI it seems. On a long run on the motorway, it'll get nearly 40mpg but round town it's only getting about 25mpg which is a few lower than I got from the GTI. I wouldn't swap back though!

One thing to note is that everyone I know with an E90 has had to have the fuel injectors replaced. I have just had all my injectors, all the spark plugs and the fuel pump replaced under warranty. I have only 19k miles on it too!

40mpg on a run, I don't even get that in my 335d, the ED is a different matter and runs on fresh air!
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 09:21:58 pm »

40mpg on a run, I don't even get that in my 335d, the ED is a different matter and runs on fresh air!
It's very strange as I also have a 330d and the 330i is more economical!! The 330i is a manual which really helps. The auto boxes in BMWs suck the economy right out of the engine. I think I'm right in saying that 335d is only available in auto?

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 09:42:17 pm »
Yea I've heard that too about the pump and injector, I know it was warranty work but what was the price ?
Not botherd really, it's still got 1 year warranty left
I thought my golf  handled a fair bit better and felt loads faster tbh but I have spent a bit on it, a few mods on the BMW and hopefully the tables will be turned. The real draw of the 3.0 was a big silky smooth unstressed bombproof engine ! 

MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN