Make a donation

Author Topic: Ap coilovers  (Read 4605 times)

Offline Aaron_RJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Ap coilovers
« on: September 30, 2010, 08:13:55 pm »
Anyone have any good/bad reviews about them I know not got car yet but will start building bits up to fit sad I know!

If not coils will be fitting eibachs
Thanks in advance
2007 GTI | 18'' Monzas |Xenons|Highline|MFSW|Lux pack| Factory Tints |Cruise control
Mods: VWR Quickshift |Forge DV |Autotech HPFP| Sportlines | |Goodrich hoses |Milltek non res TBE | Stage 2 map | Custom CAI

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Ap coilovers
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 08:35:37 pm »
I ran them on a previous car and many guys run them on here without any problema at all. Fantastic product for the money you pay. I thoroughly recommend   :wink: :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 08:44:17 pm »
Can only echo what Tom has said and I am very happy with mine. The one thing I would say is that the body of the strut is a little susceptible to corrosion which isn't ideal for a coilover as the whole idea is you are supposed to be able to adjust them, and corrosion makes that a bit tricky!

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:04:35 pm »
I have them fitted also, and for the money they are spot on. No Corrosion on mine :smiley:

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:24:29 pm »
Have them fitted to mine and, love them! For the money I think they're one of if not the best mod I've done!! :happy2:
MK5 Golf GTI Edition 30|APR Stage 2+|Milltek Non Res TBE Decat|ITG Intake| Forge Twintercooler|Autotech HPFP Internals|Forge DV|R8 Oil Cap|AP Coilovers|WALK Kit|ECS Dog Mount| THS Mounts|Eibach F&R Anti Roll Bars|Sachs Uprated Clutch

Offline Aaron_RJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 09:36:28 pm »
Cheers guys will be ordering some in the very near future
2007 GTI | 18'' Monzas |Xenons|Highline|MFSW|Lux pack| Factory Tints |Cruise control
Mods: VWR Quickshift |Forge DV |Autotech HPFP| Sportlines | |Goodrich hoses |Milltek non res TBE | Stage 2 map | Custom CAI

Offline k6kny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • Mk5 Golf GTi
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 12:11:07 am »
I would echo what the guys have already said, very good value for money, been very pleased with mine  :happy2:

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 11:14:22 pm »
I just had some FK streets fitted, and absolutely hate the ride,
Do AP do adjustable dampening? Are they easy to adjust the ride height once fitted (another downside to the FK's, as I need to take off the rear shock to adjust the height, which I do not know how to do,and am getting a bit worried as I am at sump/exhaust scraping height at the moment.
 :surprised:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 11:34:47 pm »
Must admit, i loved mine when i was in germany and they performed very well on track and on the ring. in total i think i did circa 20k on them.

however within 2 months of moving back to the uk, i took them off because the roads around me are really bad and the car was crashy as hell.  that said, it still rode better than my wifes 307 though

Offline .:GTI|SUNNY:.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 11
  • I spend too much time on this forum, I'm addicted
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 11:38:41 pm »
i dont have AP but was days away from buying them as the reviews seem to be good apart from the corrosion issues on some in the end i got a really good price on FK Silverline X coilovers with adjustable dampering and front and rear height adjust, which i will be ordering in couple weeks.
| Tornado Red GTI |