Make a donation

Author Topic: loud heater fan  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
loud heater fan
« on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:57 am »
So a few weeks back I had the fan on maximum when defrosting the windscreen and it suddenly sounded like a Hercules C130 flying overhead. It's been like that ever since, any fan speed over the middle setting and you can really hear the extra noise. Any ideas?

savvasa

Re: loud heater fan
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 09:29:52 am »
My 06 GTI sounds exactly the same! I almost feel ashamed of the noise when I have the heating on!

Any ideas?

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 09:55:01 am »
Does it make the same noiuse when the a/c is off, as the demist screen automatically turns the a/c on. Does the sound disappear when you turn the a/c off - if so it is likely to be a gassing/compressor issue on the a/c system.

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 10:18:46 am »
Does it when you turn the fan speed up, whether HI or LO, and any direction i.e. windscreen, floor etc.

savvasa

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 10:29:09 am »
Does it make the same noiuse when the a/c is off, as the demist screen automatically turns the a/c on. Does the sound disappear when you turn the a/c off - if so it is likely to be a gassing/compressor issue on the a/c system.

For me, it doesnt matter if the A/C is on or not, still sounds terrible... I didnt know that the demister turns on the A/C though, thanks for that.