Make a donation

Author Topic: Stuck in audio menu in the highline!  (Read 2398 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Stuck in audio menu in the highline!
« on: November 12, 2010, 04:42:22 pm »
Hi guys,

The other half has come in today and said she cannot get out of the audio menu in the highline.

Any ideas?
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
Re: Stuck in audio menu in the highline!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 05:50:49 pm »
Try rebooting the RNS unit by holding the top three buttons on either side of the DVD slot.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 05:57:01 pm »
Cheers mojo,

But its not an RNS. Also I have mk6 gti mfsw, I personally have never used the audio menu when Iv been in the car so not sure on this one.

Ill have to wait till she gets in later and take a look.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 07:55:14 pm »
 I had this soon after I had my highline dash fitted with my MFD2. If I went into the audio menu I couldn't get out of it. All the other menus worked just fine. I found a quick and dead easy temporary solution. Just switch off the radio momentarily, this then takes you back to the main menu.

Turns out on mine that the high line dash i had fitted, wasn't compatible with the later style switches on my mfsw. Had them changed for the earlier versions and the problem was sorted.

Sounds like it's the switches on your steering wheel causing the confusion, or incorrect coding ?

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 09:07:05 pm »
My retrofitted highline is 971 which I know isnt compatible with the menu button and needs the older style buttons.

But I have the mk6 wheel which I was under the impression would work fine with the 971 highline as it works like the older buttons.

As for the coding Im sure thats fine too as I followed Eddies guide and I think he has a 970 highline and a mk6 wheel.

I have a highline display of one form or another for a while and never noticed this as the missus drives the car most of the time and only really listens to the radio.

I think the problem might be my sat nav, think Ill swap it out tommorrow and put the RCD back in and try it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:20:22 pm by apollo13 »

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 08:28:12 pm »
I presume you have tried press and hold on the top r/h button on the wheel?

TonyZ

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 10:20:47 pm »
You presumed correct Tony....

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 10:54:37 pm »
Did you try your old radio, I reckon it is the aftermarket one causing the problem
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 11:08:25 pm »
No Ed,

I didnt bother as just bought an RNS...although Ill probably have the same problem with that!!

Did you come up with any news??