Make a donation

Author Topic: Lee's Blue Graphite GT TDI (Now Clean!)  (Read 12323 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Lee's Blue Graphite GT TDI (Now Clean!)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »
Thankyou Chaps 

Andy, I'm happy with the subtle drop and Mrs Apollo can still hit speed humps at 40mph  :signLOL:

Jake, I was under the impression the ED30 rear box had a larger diameter pipe and slightly bigger tailpipes??

No bother if it doesnt, it will look better than the standard hidden derv rear box  :laugh:

I think the Mk6 wheel just lifts whats IMO a slightly bland cabin.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 06:03:10 pm »
Love the mods - definite improvement.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 06:15:27 pm »
Well smart Lee! Nice colour combination going on there.

So, when you get bored with them, perhaps do the Omanyts in a gunmetal grey perhaps?  :evilgrin: That would look naughty too...
Everytime I see your car, I begin to like the Dynabeams more and more. Have you slipped in some higher Kelvin (K) value bulbs, 4300K or 5000K perhaps?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 07:57:35 pm »
Cheers Stealth  :happy2:

Pete, I'm already on the gunmetal/anthracite train of though, my new wheels are on their way..........

As for the dynabeams, I don't think you can get them anymore. You can get the halogen versions which look the same but don't swivel/self level and are obviously halogen instead of xenon.

Well spotted mate they have 5000k D2S bulbs in them, the guy I got them from put these in as they match the LED celis bar. They are a bit blue for the first 5mins but then warm up to a brilliant white.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 08:13:47 pm »
Thankyou Chaps 

Andy, I'm happy with the subtle drop and Mrs Apollo can still hit speed humps at 40mph  :signLOL:

Jake, I was under the impression the ED30 rear box had a larger diameter pipe and slightly bigger tailpipes??

No bother if it doesnt, it will look better than the standard hidden derv rear box  :laugh:

I think the Mk6 wheel just lifts whats IMO a slightly bland cabin.

Nope, I have had both side by side and they are exactly the same, i only have pictures of both downpipes side by side not the backboxes but you can clearly see they are both same diameter

Not that it is a lesseer good looking exhaust, just no difference between them :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 08:35:06 pm »
^^^^^Thanks for the heads up Jake.

Like I say its not for performance reasons, purely cosmetic and anything is better than the TDI rear box  :happy2:

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 10:54:22 pm »
Nice looking car. Love the interior mods too

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 07:27:52 pm »
Very nice OEM wheels !!  :happy2:
"You get what you pay for."

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 09:09:31 pm »
Very nice OEM wheels !!  :happy2:

Cheers Bruce  :happy2:

Although I'm looking forward to my new summer wheels going on............by that time I'll have all the other exterior bits finished too.

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 09:19:27 pm »
Love the subtle mods.  :love:  Keep up the good work  :happy2:

Offline S800BRN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 10:22:50 pm »
Really nice. Love the led tails in particular! :happy2:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 10:39:14 pm »
Cheers guys  :happy2:

I'm just keeping it clean, simple and OEM+ I hope.

Can't wait for the better weather though  :wink:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 10:47:50 pm »
Cheers guys  :happy2:

I'm just keeping it clean, simple and OEM+ I hope.

Can't wait for the better weather though  :wink:
thats the look am doing on mine Lee--look forward  to the new wheels

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 11:11:20 pm »
Like myself mate, simple  :stupid:

New wheels are not OEM but OEMish...

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 07:58:51 am »
Car looks wicked, Lee! I want a Mk6 GTI steering wheel and an RNS and I think that will be all on my interior!

Love the colour too  :happy2:
MK5 Golf GTI Edition 30|APR Stage 2+|Milltek Non Res TBE Decat|ITG Intake| Forge Twintercooler|Autotech HPFP Internals|Forge DV|R8 Oil Cap|AP Coilovers|WALK Kit|ECS Dog Mount| THS Mounts|Eibach F&R Anti Roll Bars|Sachs Uprated Clutch