Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Stage 1 booked in!!  (Read 1391 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Revo Stage 1 booked in!!
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:54:06 pm »
Decided not to plump for the R-Tech special offer as their place will be 230 mile round trip and if something does go a miss dont want to have to keep trecking down to Leicestershire!

So have spoken to Jeff Webb who was at Dubsport for years and then moved to Awesome for a bit before setting up Pipeworx - sound guy very helpful and knowledge appears to be second to none - and have booked in for 10th December! Exciting times indeed  :laugh:

As I will run it primarily on BP Ultimate ( there are no shell or tesco garages on my usual path) can anyoneadvise what settings I should set the Revo on? I obviously enjoy a bit of spirited driving at the weekend but mon-fri and just tootling round local if that helps to assess what settings will be best?

Thanks in advance..
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Revo Stage 1 booked in!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 01:58:30 pm »
The settings that it comes from Revo are fine, you don't really need to do any adjusting until you have lot's of complimentary mods bolted on as well.   :happy2:

Should be fun getting it this time of year. Your going to have to learn how to use your right foot quickly or you will be spinning everywhere.  :pomppomp:

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 02:03:10 pm »
The settings that it comes from Revo are fine, you don't really need to do any adjusting until you have lot's of complimentary mods bolted on as well.   :happy2:

Should be fun getting it this time of year. Your going to have to learn how to use your right foot quickly or you will be spinning everywhere.  :pomppomp:

yeah my tyres on front only have about 4mm on too so may need to get those winter tyres on sharpish! i take it though it is relatively mild mannered low down the rev range unless you plant your foot to the floor?

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 02:21:18 pm »
The REVO dealer will take the car out and set it up for you, this takes around 20 mins. (or set it up on the dyno if they have one) i wouldnt advise playing with the settings yourself.

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 02:23:00 pm »
Are you just going for stage 1? How much are you paying if you dont mind me asking?

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 02:36:45 pm »
Are you just going for stage 1? How much are you paying if you dont mind me asking?

Its £399.00 plus VAT due to the Revo £100 off special offer which PDT highlighted last week I think? Have enquired about R32 brakes but just gonna get them to check them and maybe stick some Pagid blue pads on as recommended by PDT. The R-tech offer of £200.00 all in is brilliant but i like the fact that Pipeworx is within walking distance of my house if I need owt