Make a donation

Author Topic: Troubleshooting - what is 'load control'??  (Read 4905 times)

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
Re: Troubleshooting - what is 'load control'??
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 04:18:08 pm »
It could be!!

Number 1 on my 'suspect list' is the N75; Number 2 is the MAP sensor; Number 3 is the remap itself.

I know of only 1 guy who has the same map and almost identical mods yet his ran sweet as a nut on a recent Dynoday. The only difference, my mapper tells me, was the VAG software version that the map was running on and he thinks there might be a quirk that leads to the map requesting lower rail pressures. I only see that at low to mid-range and it doesn't really correlate with where the drop in engine load occurs...unless a similar quirk affects load.

My car goes in for a K04 conversion next week which will involve a completely new remap and N75 (which comes with the new turbo) as well as the injectors. If there is still a problem then I can only think of a manifold pressure problem or a problem with the MAP sensor itself. I may investigate/replace before this time just to satisfy myself

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 04:43:29 pm »
Well that will at least replace turbo N75 and software which all seem to be likely candidates, just seems that at that point in the rev range something goes wrong and the ECU pulls boost back, as you get a drop in boost specified boost actual engine load and air mass through put  :sick: 

I guess with the current weather you wont need over 4500 revs for the next week anyway!  :grin:  Hope the issues goes away after the conversion  :happy2:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 05:34:27 pm »

I guess with the current weather you wont need over 4500 revs for the next week anyway!  :grin:

You're not wrong there!!   :laugh:

My hope was to get a better idea before going for the K04 in case we stuck it on and the engine went bang!  :surprised: However, the conversion will either solve the problem or cross-off a few suspects from the list at least. So what the heck, I'll put it in and see what happens!

Thanks for your help with this  :happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 08:59:46 pm »
Yeah well I will be interested to know how it goes mate, sure you will be putting a thread up!  :happy2:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 05:12:36 pm »
Yeah well I will be interested to know how it goes mate, sure you will be putting a thread up!  :happy2:

Well it is my civic duty to forum members to conclude the 'load control' question....and to gloat!  :laugh: