Make a donation

Author Topic: People on Virgin Media  (Read 959 times)

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
People on Virgin Media
« on: November 26, 2010, 03:46:59 pm »
I decided to give them a call today (lots of spare time on my day off and read something on the web about saving money on your sky/virgin contracts) and asked about my current package and what its costing, told them I was thinking of moving to Sky for my phone, internet and HDTV service and within 5 mins they had discounted my package by over £20  :jumping:

secret is to call and ask to speak to CUSTOMER RELATIONS and not CUSTOMER SERVICE, Mention 'SKY' and that you cant afford your current package, give it a try (dial 151 from your virgin media landline)

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: People on Virgin Media
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 04:39:52 pm »
Did the same thing 3 months ago and managed to get £30 off my package, speaking to customer retentions, whether it be for a mobile or TV is worthwhile - but be careful, very often when offering you a discount you are effectively starting a new term of contract with them so ask them explicitly if this is the case or not. You don't, you don't get.

Dom

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: People on Virgin Media
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 09:47:02 am »
If you dont ask you dont get with virgin or any other company.

A mate of mine was paying £80 a month for the same package I was getting for £50.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators