Offline spiker

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 0
DV
« on: December 04, 2010, 07:56:14 am »
Hi everyone,
phoned the stealers today about having my DV changed, they have never heard of DV lol they might think its called solanoid is this correct? anyway they want 45£ to check and if I have the work done they will wave that

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
Re: DV
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 08:48:08 am »
Yes they called mine that when i asked, but they just provided me with what i already had.

Your best bet is to just get the part number for the revision D and give them that. Then there probably cant be any errors.

gaz b

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 09:31:14 am »

O6H 145 710 D   

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,18222.0.html

My local vw garage hadn't heard of it either. They actually said they had never sold one! :surprised:

Offline Neimad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 11:23:04 am »
Mine asked what engine I had and then told me that it didn't require one... I tried to argue the point only to be told "it's best not to worry, if it ain't broke, don't fix it"... I was about to point out that it very well could be broken but just decided to save my breath instead.

I bought a new revision D DV the other day from Awesome GTI... just need to find a trustworthy garage to install it now.

Offline POC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 11:40:41 am »
I too bought (well, ordered) mine yesterday from the watford dealer, I found the part number on here and the guy said it was called a 'cut off valve' on their system.  No doubt i've ordered the wrong part!

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 12:55:31 pm »
cut off valve is what its called on etka you have the right part thats what i ordered and its the right part just not got round to fitting it yet

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 12:56:41 pm »
I recall the DV was listed as a cut of valve for the 1.8T engine so i wouldn't worry.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline POC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 01:19:17 pm »
Ah good news, I was confident it was the correct part as I sourced the part number on here, but there was a niggling doubt! Happy days.

gaz b

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 01:22:53 pm »
Just fit it yourself . It's only 3 Allen bolts and a plug!  :driver:

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 04:35:58 pm »
and a real pain in the ass to get to lol i nearly got the old one off to find that the part i got from vw was snapped so i had to put everything back together again and now ive never got round to doing it again since i got the new part

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 07:47:07 pm »
pain in the ass to get to? Mine took 15 mins in total to change, old one out and new one in.

Not including putting up on axle stands.

Work included:

Put front of car up on axle stands, crawl underneath (I use a creeper makes sliding in and out dead easy)

use an allen key, can't rember which size, maybe someone will chip in? 5.5mm??? (probably not?)

Put long end of allen key in each bolt head and use small spaner to apply leverage to the short end of the allen key, I used a 10mm combination spanner, put the round end of the allen key.

You can see the bottom two bolts so easy to get to, the top bolt you need to feel with your hand to position the allen key into the head, but not diificult at all, if you use the long end of the allen key and then lever with the spanner.

When the three bolts are off the diverter valve come off, twist round so you can get to the wire plug easier, use very small flat blade screwdriver, insert from opporiste end of plug to cable, you will see the slot, GENTLY lever the plug up and it slides off.

Reverse to fit new one. 15 mins to remove and refit, simples. Didn't even have to remove the engine undertray, one of the easier jobs on the car, changed the oil coller last weekend now that was a killer job!