Make a donation

Author Topic: Factory fitted parking sensors  (Read 24382 times)

Offline golfman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
Factory fitted parking sensors
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:03:26 am »
Just wondering if anyone on here has the factory fitted parking sensors on a 2005 golf?
i have just bought the module with holder,sensors with wiring loom,buzzer and bracket
but what i am looking for is the wiring and connectors as there are three places for connectors to go on the module!!!
need to find out what and where the other wires come from and goto?
i already have the ones you can buy from vw so i need to know the diamater of both to see if the factory ones can fit without falling through my excisting holes!!!!
any help would be fantastic :happy2:

scott
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:05:41 am by golfman »

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Factory fitted parking sensors
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 10:23:13 am »
Scott did you get the kit from kufatec?
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

gaz b

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 10:24:56 am »
I had the bumper off my 2005 gti yesterday to change a parking sensor buddy. What exactly do you need to know as I'm a bit confused by the questions. :ashamed:

Can't really go out and check anything though because it's like a blizzard out there. :scared:

Offline golfman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 10:27:28 am »
Scott did you get the kit from kufatec?

No i bought it from ebay some guy was selling the bits,and was going to be fitting them to his golf but then sold it!!!!

scott

I Hate Timewasters...

Offline golfman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 10:30:40 am »
I had the bumper off my 2005 gti yesterday to change a parking sensor buddy. What exactly do you need to know as I'm a bit confused by the questions. :ashamed:

Can't really go out and check anything though because it's like a blizzard out there. :scared:
Hi gaz im looking to find out where all the wiring goes from the module,i have 1 plug from the sensors but i need to know where the other 2 plugs come from and what they are connected to?
tell me about it we had thunder and lightning through the middle of the night/morning and its still snowing now!!!

scott :happy2:

I Hate Timewasters...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 10:31:17 am »
Scott have a look through this thread.

Theres a office document for instructions on the first page but I havnt got office on my netbook so I cant open it. Its for the kufatec kit but it should be the same principal as an OEM kit though.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109827

Lee.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:36:09 am by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

gaz b

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 10:36:14 am »
I noticed those sensors on ebay Scott, really good price considering I paid £71 for one sensor from vw!  :surprised:

I never really paid any attention to the module yesterday, but I will have a look for you when I get the chance if you are still stuck. :happy2:

Offline golfman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 10:59:13 am »
Scott have a look through this thread.

Theres a office document for instructions on the first page but I havnt got office on my netbook so I cant open it. Its for the kufatec kit but it should be the same principal as an OEM kit though.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109827

Lee.
Thanks for the info lee im not puting the ops in the car but just the factory fitted parking sensors to see if that fixes my reverse mirror dip as its going all over the place and i know that on 2005 cars they had the factory fitted reverse parking sensors and the reverse mirror dip worked so it was obviously the parking sensor module that made it work!!!

scott :happy2:

I Hate Timewasters...

Offline golfman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 11:02:44 am »
I noticed those sensors on ebay Scott, really good price considering I paid £71 for one sensor from vw!  :surprised:

I never really paid any attention to the module yesterday, but I will have a look for you when I get the chance if you are still stuck. :happy2:
Gaz i got the lot for £68 delivered so im happy with that!!!
any help with plugs and wiring would be fantastic mate
i had a look on kufatec but im unsure weather this will work with this or not but it does say it works with the same module i have just purchased.
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p575_c26_Park-Pilot---Central-Electric-Harness---VW-Golf-5-Golf-5-Plus.html

scott

I Hate Timewasters...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 11:03:38 am »
Oh I thought you wanted to set them up as OPS seeing as you had the RNS.

I thought the reverse mirror dip was something to do with the drivers seat memory function? I thought it uses the same controller.

Lee.

Offline golfman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 11:13:56 am »
Oh I thought you wanted to set them up as OPS seeing as you had the RNS.

I thought the reverse mirror dip was something to do with the drivers seat memory function? I thought it uses the same controller.

Lee.
Lee the reverse mirror dip has nothing to do with the drivers seat memory,cameluk(barry) who used to be a member on here has a 2008 r32 without seat memory or factory fitted parking sensors and he has the reverse mirror dip due to his gen 3 door controller having this built in and also the mirror which has the memory function too(which i have too)but my mirror dip is not working correctly so that is why i know that 2005 golf with factory fitted parking sensors have this function fully working.

scott

I Hate Timewasters...

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 03:44:07 pm »
Scott the plug arrangement on parking controllers is normally 1 for the front, 1 for the rear and 1 for the power and CAN.

I'm not at home so I can't look at any diagrams for you.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline golfman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 03:51:56 pm »
Scott the plug arrangement on parking controllers is normally 1 for the front, 1 for the rear and 1 for the power and CAN.

I'm not at home so I can't look at any diagrams for you.
Stu any info you can get for me when you get back home would be very much appreciated :happy2:

scott

I Hate Timewasters...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 05:58:26 pm »
Did you get this sorted out Scott??

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 10:15:38 pm »
Check your inbox in a few minutes Scott.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available