Make a donation

Author Topic: Confused over an eBay bid  (Read 1681 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Confused over an eBay bid
« on: November 28, 2010, 07:25:38 pm »
Guys being snowbound today I decided to get on line and have a look around, I have been interested in getting a new dab radio a pure evoke 3.

Anyhoo I found one on eBay .... It's current price was £29. I decided to put a bid in and stated my max bid as £64.64, the auction immediately came back to show that i was outbid and that the new price was £34! I was not expecting that to be the case, when I have been outbid before the price comes back and shows the price above my maximum bid amount.

What's going on? It only allows me to increase my offer but the current price goes nowhere near my maximum... :stupid:

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Confused over an eBay bid
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 09:04:47 pm »
No one?
 :sad1:

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 09:30:35 pm »
I guess no one has answered for the same reason i did not. As we all have no clue what the hell happened  :confused:
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline gti265

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 09:35:15 pm »
sounds very strange for ebay, ring there contact line, they are very helpfull and can look at bids and stuff you have made

MK6 Golf R DSG 2012 - FOR SALE - £20,000 - pm for info

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 09:40:41 pm »
Is my description of the issue not clear?

When you normally bid on an item you put in the maximum amount you are willing to pay.  

If you are the highest bidder you get a message saying you are in the lead. If not then you get outbid.

In that case, if you're outbid then the current price would normally be above your maximum bid amount. In that situation you can increase your max bid if you want.

What's happening on this auction is I have a max bid greater than the current price yet I'm outbid.  :stupid:

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 09:41:53 pm »
sounds very strange for ebay, ring there contact line, they are very helpfull and can look at bids and stuff you have made

Cheers may do. I didn't realise there was a phone line. Just thought itd be email and take days to respond.  :happy2:

Offline gti265

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 09:50:29 pm »
there used to be a phone line its been replaced with a thing like instant messanger, you go through menus asking why you want to talk to them, then you get to talk online with a real person.

MK6 Golf R DSG 2012 - FOR SALE - £20,000 - pm for info

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 10:48:45 pm »
Is my description of the issue not clear?

When you normally bid on an item you put in the maximum amount you are willing to pay.  

If you are the highest bidder you get a message saying you are in the lead. If not then you get outbid.

In that case, if you're outbid then the current price would normally be above your maximum bid amount. In that situation you can increase your max bid if you want.

What's happening on this auction is I have a max bid greater than the current price yet I'm outbid.  :stupid:
Its clear and was when i posted. Just im guessing everyone is thinking the same as you what the hell happened its not suppose to work like that.

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 04:27:35 pm »
eBay contacted me, they reckon it's a glitch in the iPhone app. Apparently I am the high bidder now, yet I got a response from the app saying I had been outbid. Sok if I log onto the full site, even via iPad but not via either iPad or iPhone app..go figure...so, now at least we know  :pomppomp:

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 05:43:25 pm »
Must remember this  :surprised: