Make a donation

Author Topic: How much is a 08 plate edition 30 worth  (Read 1254 times)

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
How much is a 08 plate edition 30 worth
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:43:47 pm »
Seen a really nice red 3door edition 30 for sale at a vw dealers it has 30k miles it has highline mfsw factory tints armrest heated seats dont know if these came standard it doesnt have headlamp washers so not winter pack its an 08 plate and they want 15995 is this a good price or are they overpricing it

psw mk5

Re: How much is a 08 plate edition 30 worth
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 04:57:56 pm »
Seems a good price mate cracking colour as well go for it before someone beats you to it you can always add stuff later remap springs etc later  :driver:

Offline crafto

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 05:13:50 pm »
Is it the car at Edinburgh Western VW, if so I have viewed and test driven the car and its was advertised at £16495. The car had virtually just arrived the same day I viewed it and there were a few points which I would have wanted brought up to standard before I would have considered it. The salesman was very helpful and said all the things I pointed out would be sorted before it left the dealers.

The points I noted were a mark on the rear bumper, stone chips on the bonnet (more than usual for age/mileage) and a scratch on the front window. I was promised re-spray of bumper, bonnet, polished window, and he said he would let the car go for £15900.

The main reason I didn't go through with it is because I am really after a dsg and decided to hold out till the right car comes along. I would definitely advise you to go along and have a look at it and check to see if the above things have been sorted, I still think there may be some movement on the price. Hope that helps.

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 07:36:50 pm »
^^^ I love this forum.

Good luck with the search mate. Sounds a Fair price but prices are a bit all over the place so search adtrader, pistonheads etc and try to compare eggs with eggs. George McKay in Edinburgh had an 07 ed30 with 8k on the clock and minimal spec at £18995 for ages. He then dropped a k, then £15995 but it disappeared from the web site. I reckon it's off to auction at ingliston.

Search is my advice but remember you can easily add some options but not others.

Offline crafto

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 02:09:28 pm »
Yea I was very interested in the car at George McKay's such a shame if it has gone to auction. I phoned and they said it had sold the day before, not heard of anyone on here that has bought it. Oh well as I say I want to wait for the right car to come along.... the search continues.