Make a donation

Author Topic: Winter tyres - you have some?  (Read 16659 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Winter tyres - you have some?
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2010, 09:36:07 am »
I had placed an order with mytyres 4 days ago, for which they debited my account, got an email today to say they haven't got any stock in my size 17"  :fighting:

Did you get to the point where you had received your fitting voucher?

I ordered the Nankang Snow SV-2 at £78 per tyre, and they're £138 per tyre today! I've got my voucher etc. so I presume everything is fine.

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2010, 11:37:02 am »
The price hike makes me sick, I understand supply and demand but that's crazy. Cheaper to pay the excess if I crash.
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2010, 11:58:15 am »
I really wanted some Vredestein Wintracs but I think I'm gonna struggle to find some before January so I've ordered some Nokian WR G2's.
I'd almost dismissed the idea but got called out at work today down into the Cotswolds and was all over the place in the van so decided to shod my pride and joy with some
appropriate winter wheel wear.  Gotta make sense annit?

Where did you get your Nokian WR G2's from?

I had placed an order with mytyres 4 days ago, for which they debited my account, got an email today to say they haven't got any stock in my size 17"  :fighting:

Same place as you Eccie but I need 18"s.  I'll keep an eye on my e-mail Inbox...

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2010, 08:39:47 pm »
Well I am all winter tyre'ed up, a couple of very cheap sets of wheels from ebay.

Mine: -

Conti WinterContact's on some Audi 17's, didn't think the 16's would fit over the porker brakes, but looks like they would with some careful placement of the balancing weights, but any way mine won't be doing many miles if the snow does really come down.

The A3 with it's nice 16's will be the one to tackle the snow: -

:smiley:

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2010, 09:45:16 pm »

I ordered the Nankang Snow SV-2 at £78 per tyre, and they're £138 per tyre today! I've got my voucher etc. so I presume everything is fine.

No voucher - as it was delivery only

I'm not sure they carry any stock, they may just source them once they have a firm order

mytyres = mya#se :rolleye:

Hope you guys get your orders

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline rudy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2010, 02:38:26 pm »
snow heaver here , and compacted into ice on main roads , maragonis winter tyre  worked really well , kwic fit sell them and have loads in stock , they are cheaper from kwic fit than my tyres ,

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2010, 02:53:28 pm »
I think that most of the dangers may not be due to how you cope having winter tyres, but what can happen as a result of other drivers unfortunately losing control, though not necessarily their fault.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2010, 04:28:11 pm »
I had placed an order with mytyres 4 days ago, for which they debited my account, got an email today to say they haven't got any stock in my size 17"  :fighting:

I'm not sure they carry any stock, they may just source them once they have a firm order

my snow SV-2s have just arrived.  got a deal with the local tyre centre for £10 per corner for fitting.  bargain

this was from mytyres.  ordered on friday morning. arrived 9am this morning.  cant argue with that

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2010, 04:45:52 pm »
I had placed an order with mytyres 4 days ago, for which they debited my account, got an email today to say they haven't got any stock in my size 17"  :fighting:

my snow SV-2s have just arrived.  got a deal with the local tyre centre for £10 per corner for fitting.  bargain

this was from mytyres.  ordered on friday morning. arrived 9am this morning.  cant argue with that

mytyres e-mailed me today asking me to fax a copy of my last gas/leccy bill to a random Birmingham number "because of data security rules" to prove my identity.  Seems my name, credit card details,  home and work addresses, e-mail address and phone numbers are insufficient.  Order cancelled by me.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2010, 04:50:04 pm »
it might pay to email them and let them know. that sounds a little dodgy.  i gave them my card details, name, address and email and thats it

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2010, 04:55:11 pm »
it might pay to email them and let them know. that sounds a little dodgy.  i gave them my card details, name, address and email and thats it

I rang them this afternoon.  No answer so left a message then I e-mailed them but I've had no reply.  I don't do faxing of utility bills especially when they've got my credit card number, security number etc.  Their registered office is Oxford I think but I was asked to fax an 0121 number.  Sounds dodgy to me guv.