Make a donation

Author Topic: Aparoon's BMW 123d  (Read 22988 times)

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Aparoon's BMW 123d
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 01:56:13 pm »
Haha the skirts are very random , lots of people aren't into the styling ...
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 02:22:22 pm »
Love it, great styling touches. Really enjoy mapping these, not the easiest to map for really good power but worth the 3 hours on the dyno just to see the owners face when they test drive them afterwards!

Beware of tuners that attempt OBD port remaps, depending on the software version these ECU's can go kaput unless mapped in boot mode on the bench.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 03:10:31 pm »
The spoiler was one thing I had to have, I just thought the rear was a bit bland, the pics dont do it justice the carbon looks great in the sun..

Im thinking about some spacers but i'm getting new wheels for summer so might just wait and get a more aggressive fitment :rolleye:

Some VMR v710 in black would finish that car off perfectly, they also do aggressive fitments so you wouldnt need spacers.

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 03:44:27 pm »
Pdt - how much for a map and where are you?

Rob ill have a look at them wheels , I really want some with a lip like LM's!
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

h4rdy

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 08:18:15 pm »
What winter tyres did you go for?

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 10:36:38 am »
I have Hankook Icebears on the front and Contiwinter Ts810s on the rear, they are brilliant, my road is completely froze and covered in snow, my golf was stuck here for 10days last year, I was told the BMW would be terrible but not had a issue so the tyres must be making the difference ...

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 03:45:12 pm »
I have Hankook Icebears on the front and Contiwinter Ts810s on the rear, they are brilliant, my road is completely froze and covered in snow, my golf was stuck here for 10days last year, I was told the BMW would be terrible but not had a issue so the tyres must be making the difference ...
Tyres really do make a massive difference as I have just found out on my 330i. I've just today driven down a road where a WRX with summer tyres was stuck. And to think, I nearly bought a 1983 land rover this week for the winter as I though the BMW wouldn't be going anywhere  :scared:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 04:03:20 pm »
Pdt - how much for a map and where are you?

We have 2 outlets, one in Newcastle and the other in Hounslow (near london).  We charge £350 for a map on the 123d including dyno testing.

Hope this helps.

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 11:53:38 am »
Hi people , just wondering if someone could photo shop one of the pics of my car i'm thinking of a matt white wrap?

Cheeeers :happy2:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »
nice car there mate , csl s are the wheels you need , just put some on my Z4  :happy2:

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 09:15:31 pm »
Cheers. Im very tempted by CSl wheels but the only company I can find that do them in a decent offset are in America... I'm really undecided with the wheels, the plan was to buy new but now im tempted to just get some spacers as I do like the standard ones ?

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 09:40:20 pm »
i got my csl reps , but they are really good quality , german made by mam with full tuv stamps , look at bm autosport website if you speak to them ask for mark

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 09:48:25 pm »
i got my csl reps , but they are really good quality , german made by mam with full tuv stamps , look at bm autosport website if you speak to them ask for mark

What sort of money are they Ian?  :smiley: Will they fit on a 135i Coupe do you think?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 09:51:00 pm »
Looking really good with the cosmetic mods - Makes a big difference  :happy2:

I'm not a diesel driver though, so my love of your car is limited.

Loving the red interior and it's very classic with silver. I think the car will look cheap with a vinyl wrap. Just being honest in my opinion.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 10:01:42 pm »

What sort of money are they Ian?  :smiley: Will they fit on a 135i Coupe do you think?
mine were £850 8x18 fronts 9x18 rears with falken fk 452 (good tyres on bmw ) they have them in different off sets so i would think they will sort you out      bmautosport.co.uk