Make a donation

Author Topic: kwikfit at it again  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
kwikfit at it again
« on: December 01, 2010, 10:40:50 pm »
I had a customer in to day for snow tyres with his golf gti and he was telling me,Kwik fit would only sell him winter tyre s as a set of 4 only.His front tyres were snow tyres as it goes so if this is right i think its shocking

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
Re: kwikfit at it again
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 11:01:53 pm »
Andy, I had the misfortune of having to visit a kwik-fit branch today needing tyres for my van and managed to upset the staff before i left...  :grin:

Whilst waiting for them to pry the cash out of the lease company for my tyres a bloke came in for some winter tyres for an Audi A4 as he was heading to Germany for a few weeks, Kwik fit monkey fed him a line about his warranty and insurance being invalid unless he fitted the same brand winter tyres as his OE fitment summer ones!

Suprise suprise they were Continentals which he just happened to have in stock and for the bargain price of £1400 for a set of 4 18" tyres.... :scared:

Bloke looked shocked but was actually about to buy them until i cut across and told him to try mytyres/black circles etc and also to try and get some 16" wheels and therefore cheaper tyres, Kwik-fit monkey then nearly burst and needless to say i didnt get my tyres fitted haha!

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 11:08:06 pm »
thats brilliant :happy2:..thats the reason i left kwikfit as al they were interested in was making money and not the customers interests.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=qe2k095jtngssteo0p6mag4qf3&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 11:25:42 pm »
Andy, I had the misfortune of having to visit a kwik-fit branch today needing tyres for my van and managed to upset the staff before i left...  :grin:

Whilst waiting for them to pry the cash out of the lease company for my tyres a bloke came in for some winter tyres for an Audi A4 as he was heading to Germany for a few weeks, Kwik fit monkey fed him a line about his warranty and insurance being invalid unless he fitted the same brand winter tyres as his OE fitment summer ones!

Suprise suprise they were Continentals which he just happened to have in stock and for the bargain price of £1400 for a set of 4 18" tyres.... :scared:

Bloke looked shocked but was actually about to buy them until i cut across and told him to try mytyres/black circles etc and also to try and get some 16" wheels and therefore cheaper tyres, Kwik-fit monkey then nearly burst and needless to say i didnt get my tyres fitted haha!

LOL.... what a complete joke!!

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:54:18 am »

I went through something similar at a hi-q where a woman was having 2 new front tyres, i was waiting to pick up some tyres and overheard the manager trying to sell her new front brakes, claiming her pads were badly worn and the discs were past their best (doing the usual scare tactic routine) didnt think anything of it until i had to walk past the car that was on the ramps to collect my tyres from the rack, so took a quick look at these dangerous brakes and the pads had 5-6mm left and the discs were pretty much perfect! I went back i to the shop and told her my opinion, the manager wasnt pleased to say the least and continued with his sales pitch......

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 03:56:07 pm »
My last car (mk4 GTI) came with a wallet full of receipts from the previous owner, a lady, who 6 months after she bought the car (brand new) and about 4000 miles took it to kwik fit to get a 'squeak' looked at.  £800 later she had new discs and pads all round ....

What a chancing bunch of ar$eholes.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 04:15:56 pm »
its sick my mate works for national tyres  and there just as bad  not for me  the work on targets if they dont make them
they dont get there bonus  it crap 
Sig to big.