Make a donation

Author Topic: Just crashed... Any advice?  (Read 5649 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Just crashed... Any advice?
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 09:38:30 am »
Just make sure you give the car a good going over when you get it back mate.

My Dads old motor got repaired by the insurance companys 'approved' bodyshop and seriously it looked like it had been prepped and painted by a bunch of 3 year olds!! The paint match was non existent, they had used metallic instead of pearl (black) and the prep looked like it had been done with a yard broom in a sand storm!!!

Dont accept it unless your 110% happy. Its much more difficult if you drive it away and find stuff later.

Its easy to be excited about having the car back after driving around in the corsa and end up missing things that will become obvious after a few days of having the GTI back. Not teaching you to 'suck eggs' mate I just dont want you to have anymore hassle than youve already had!!  :happy2:

Lee.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: Just crashed... Any advice?
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 01:43:34 pm »
Hey folks!

Assessors just called me to let me know the damage.

It's mostly front, at a cost of £2500

New front bumper & grill(s) & various undertrays
New intercooler required
New Air Conditioning condensor (?)
Toe adjustments

A few other bits here and there...