Make a donation

Author Topic: goodyear eagle f1  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: goodyear eagle f1
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 07:28:37 pm »
Just had my second set of F1 Asym's fitted to Golf last week, and love them. Dry or wet I find them brilliant however.... absolutley sh1t in the snow  :grin: but then nearly every other no winter performance tyre I've ever used has been no better really.

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 07:31:17 pm »
^^^^
Yes, I'm on my third pair now and have brother Dunlop's asymmetrics on the rear axle (GY were out of stock). I have a spare pair of Dunlops ready to use but after that I might try the Michelin PS3's that everyone raves about.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SLIVERFOX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 09:19:40 pm »
yeah i swear by them well worth every penny had them in 17 and 18s last about 12000 miles to not the best on ice just found tha out lol

csman

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 07:04:42 pm »
Fitted these GY F1 Asys today to the Ed30 and will not doubt experience them on snow if the weather continues!  They replaced the dunlop sport Maxx that were on the car when I bought it.  Found the dunlops extremely noisey, almost like a wheel bearing had gone but dealer check revealed no problems so down to the tyres.

Had the GY F1's before on Mk5 R32 and was very happy.  Sold that car after doing 18K miles on these tyres and they were nearly spent but I think R32 is very good at even tyre wear due to 4WD.  I expect the fronts on a Superchip Ed 30 will not be as long lasting :signLOL:

Csman

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 07:07:46 pm »
vie got a set of gy f1 says on my summer wheels and there worth buying,not got a bad thing to say about them
blue graphite Gti, full leather, arm rest with 6disk changer, 18'' Monza 2's, now changed to Perscara's, rear (i cant see) parking sensors :p dual climate, pipercross panel filter. remus sports cat back to come