Make a donation

Author Topic: Passenger window mysteriously open ...  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Becca88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
Passenger window mysteriously open ...
« on: November 29, 2010, 06:22:09 pm »
Hi all
Got back from work today to find my Eddy's passenger window was half open  :confused:
It was all locked up last night, I had a lift in to work and no one has been in my car today. Any known faults of windows not locking correctly and opening??? It's the first time this has happend
Any help advice info etc would be appreciated
Thanks guys and gals  :happy2:

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
Re: Passenger window mysteriously open ...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:33:09 pm »
Hey i know then anti trap feature makes the window go half way down.... and if there was to much resistance ( With the frost at the moment ) the last time it was put up, then this is why it would be half way down.  :smiley: maybe theres a problem some where but the simple things can some times be over looked
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:48:35 pm »
alot of threads and experiences on the mk5 platform cars with this issue.  try a search on briskoda in the octavia II forum.

Offline Becca88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 10:31:30 pm »
Thanks, with the anti trap, wouldnt this only happen if the windows had been open at all ? They hadnt been opened yesterday at all

Offline humkar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:02:47 pm »
Wow this happened to me yesterday. My back window behind front passenger was down this morning. I did use the all windows down function the the night before to cover my wind shield with plastic to reduce the defrosting in the morning.

Very worrying that it decides to slide down itself.

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 10:19:02 am »
If there is a problem with the sensor in the motor it might on it's own send the window down. Not sure though.
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 12:28:52 pm »
i came out to mine couple of weeks ago, all 4 windows were down, then raed on here that it was a fault.

not good from a theft/rain point of view at all -is it a fault code on motor whioch can be cleared does nayone think?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Becca88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 10:38:07 pm »
Found out in work today that theres an update available for this. Its only happend on mine once(touch wood) but im going to get the update done... apparently there was a recall out for this thats why theres now an update available. Hopefully this update will stop it from happening again(i hope) may be worth you guys that have had this problem getting the update ? Il find out what the coding is etc so you can all get the right one :-)

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 04:53:46 pm »
Found out in work today that theres an update available for this. Its only happend on mine once(touch wood) but im going to get the update done... apparently there was a recall out for this thats why theres now an update available. Hopefully this update will stop it from happening again(i hope) may be worth you guys that have had this problem getting the update ? Il find out what the coding is etc so you can all get the right one :-)

yes please if you could get the coding would be fantabo as rewally dont want it happening again...
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »
i had this last weekend...

both windows half way down... i thought it was me that had forgot to put them up... left me puzzled as i couldn't remember doing it... :confused:
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 07:10:08 pm »
Experienced this too Becca.

Can be nasty if you walk away without noticing and it's in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The one time I did have mine open itself, luckily my old ma was heading out in her car and came back into the house to tell me.

The only thing I have noticed is when I do a VCDS scan I see an error with the window regulator, which obviously explains the behavior.

Deffo a known issue though with lots of VAG cars as said.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 07:52:21 am »
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 08:37:56 am »
Not sure about VW's, but it's a common and well known fault for BMW windows to go down all by themselves when it's really cold. It's happened on one of my previous E46's and on my brother's X5. He woke up in the morning to find all his windows fully down, the sunroof open... and the seats under 20cm of snow  :grin:

Offline Becca88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 11:35:35 am »
Had my car plugged in on the weekend, no faults showing and all the software is up to date. So the mechanics put it down to the ice making the anti trap device kick in. Lets hope hes right and it doesnt happen again! couldnt get a code for the update, as he used audi machine to check he said the codes are slightly different and wouldnt be picked up on vw machines :-S Sorry guys