Make a donation

Author Topic: hpfp wait or now  (Read 1296 times)

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
hpfp wait or now
« on: November 30, 2010, 10:32:51 am »
ive purchased the hpfp and awaiting the downpipe and decat but will be a couple of weeks. im currently running stage one revo on settings B7T6F9 now i know if i was to fit the hpfp now it would barely run on those settings so do i take it bk and get them to drop the fuel setting to say 5-6 and then fit the pump and downpipe when it arrives and then take it back for stage 2+ or wait. will it run ok doing it like that. i just dont want to pay them to fit it all as im capable to do it myself and save the cash. i know the guys well so they wont charge to alter settings now. i was just wondering if i should be doing it this way or just fit the downpipe when it arrives and get them to fit the hpfp and then tune and to logs??? any advice is much appreciated.

thanks
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: hpfp wait or now
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 06:19:16 pm »
fit it now. you will defo see a gain with revo stage 1.

read this thread, good info in here :happy2:
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14350.0.html

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 06:43:23 pm »
If you have ordered it, get it fitted. Its no longer than 30 mins to do so no reason not to :happy2:

We see a fair difference on even standard cars, even bigger difference on tuned or stage 1 as its always a balancing act trying to keep the car from having fuel cuts whilst still having a decent level of performance.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:10:04 pm »
I agree, works nicely with Stg 1.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 06:17:39 pm »
well its ordered from yourselves. rang up while i was in the caribbean lol. didnt want to miss the chance. not recieved it yet though and ordered last thursday so hopefully it will be here soon. and the downpipe and decat is going to be here tomorow now so will fit that and then the fuel pump and try drive it with its current settings and get the stage 2+ done. just hope it will get there with a high fuel setting. its only a few miles away.
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 04:01:19 pm »
Hi, if you need a tracking number for it just ask. It was sent special delivery next day by 1pm but Royal mail are not guaranteeing their delivery dates due to the weather.