Make a donation

Author Topic: iPad 2 coming early next year?  (Read 2715 times)

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
Re: iPad 2 coming early next year?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 09:42:05 am »
Carl

I do not use MobileMe (no idea what it is)

I just plugged the iPad into my computer, tried to update the new software but it warned me that I had not done a sync. So I syncd it as I would normally do (I had a few playlists and photos that it syncd up) and then clicked the software update button and it took about 20 mins to update.

I think that the last time I syncd I did not have any notes so did not see the problem previously.

The 'info' menu is all greyed out and does not let me do anything. I thought this was where I would be able to save all of the calendar and notes info I have on the pad. (thankfully the calendar entries have not been touched - My wife would kill me if I lost those) Outlook is mentioned in the greyed out boxes but there is no way to change any of it. I would also like to know if calendar/contacts entries are backed up somewhere as well so if the thing breaks or is stolen, I could update a new pad with all of our info

hope that all makes sense

I did not restore from a backup or set it up a a new ipad when I updated the software on Monday - as far as I am aware
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK