Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone fancy a trip to London……...  (Read 6945 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Anyone fancy a trip to London……...
« on: December 09, 2010, 07:05:13 pm »
………… to go and give some students a bit of "education" :wink: :fighting:

I wish the police were allowed to exert more force. I'm quite sure a few anti-riot shotgun rounds would disperse them quite quickly :evilgrin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Anyone fancy a trip to London……...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 07:12:40 pm »
id love to go there and do some proper riot control, none of those mini shields, nice big shield and a Hickory stick and give em the good news. 

They need a baton round to the thigh, that should sort them out

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 07:16:27 pm »
Nah,

Run the 4ft down the shin. Peel it like a banana :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 07:20:34 pm »
I dont know what their whining about, my degrees paid for by work, plus im on full pay as well.  Gutted for them :grin:

Offline mjt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 07:24:22 pm »
………… to go and give some students a bit of "education" :wink: :fighting:

I wish the police were allowed to exert more force. I'm quite sure a few anti-riot shotgun rounds would disperse them quite quickly :evilgrin:
      count me in :happy2: :fighting:                                                                 

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 02:18:15 pm »
I'm glad to say that not all uni students are like those on the demo - My daughter doesn't agree with them. However, I'm not against peaceful protest. It's not new that leftwing extremists and trouble makers hi-jack demos and they're the ones who need dealing with more violently as they do nothing but bring violence to a demo.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 02:22:17 pm »
I have nothing against peaceful protest either. I also know that not all students are the same.

It's the idiots that think violence against the police and wilful destruction of property that annoys me. Especially as there will now be even less money as someone has to foot the bill (the tax payer) to fix all the damage. :fighting:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:10:33 pm by vRS Carl »

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 04:03:45 pm »
I can't see what the problem is.......

£3k a year now - start paying it back when earning £16k or over
£6-9k in future - start paying it back when earning £21k or over.

It isn't like they will be forcing them to pay it back as soon as they earn a Tenner!

Ok, socially it is crippling to have a loan when you start work, but they are getting 4 years of freedom from work with women/men, drugs and alcohol in exchange for it instead.  :signLOL:

Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 05:08:56 pm »
^^^^
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Hear! Hear! To both Carl and John Hurdy  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=cpur7uaj3kcjf8clfhm4i7i6ll&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 05:19:28 pm »
Most of the idiots causing trouble on these demonstrations are not students anyway.. i've seen first hand the types of 'thugs' these people are!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 05:29:54 pm »
My word, I think I'm just going to step away from this debate. Yet another thing you guys and I are not going to agree on :signLOL:

Nasir

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 05:42:53 pm »
Got to say I don't agree with that at all, I think one of the main reasons students are demonstrating is because Nick Clegg said he wouldn't raise the tuition fees. It's a lot of money to pay back, £9,000 a year is daunting and scary. If I had to pay that at the start of my course I would never have started, many parents will be in the same position where it's probably best the child doesn't go to university. Whilst that might make a degree worth more it means only the rich and those with the courage to undertake that debt will sign up. The point of education is for it to be accessible to all.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 05:52:26 pm »

Got to say I don't agree with that at all, I think one of the main reasons students are demonstrating is because Nick Clegg said he wouldn't raise the tuition fees. It's a lot of money to pay back, £9,000 a year is daunting and scary. If I had to pay that at the start of my course I would never have started, many parents will be in the same position where it's probably best the child doesn't go to university. Whilst that might make a degree worth more it means only the rich and those with the courage to undertake that debt will sign up. The point of education is for it to be accessible to all.

....Firstly I'm afraid that it doesn't matter what Nick Clegg or the Lib Party said they would do - They didn't win the election and are only in the coalition because they were invited to be. The LibDems are not in power. I will add that I am in favour of their influence in the coalition though. But their pre-election promises are now entirely irrelevant.

If you're "daunted and scared" about owing £9k some time in the future and that's only if you can afford to pay it back, then perhaps there's no place for you in the business world. Whether it's parents or someone else who pays, university education needs funding and every student should see that any financial costs to them are an investment.... Unless they just want to piss it all away only having a good time or rioting in the streets.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 06:39:01 pm »
dont agree with the prats who are causing all the mess but they have a point, looking at 60k of debt over the 3 years which is a bit steep to be honest, i paid less than that for my first house!
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline n13cah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 06:46:07 pm »
30% of students will pay back less than they would do now. For the rest of them, 9K over a 3 year course is 27K. They then have 30 years to pay that back. And this will probably be at a low interest rate.