Make a donation

Author Topic: Here is my Shadow Blue Mk5 Golf GT TDI 170  (Read 9251 times)

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
Re: Here is my Shadow Blue Mk5 Golf GT TDI 170
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 06:35:31 pm »
where abouts are you and where did you get your windows tinted? they look ace
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline Brooko19

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 07:03:13 pm »
Thanks, Im In West Heath - Birmingham, the bloke who did my windows is a friend of my dads he's very good few of the dealerships use him when people by 2nd hand motors from them but want the windows tinted he's in Shirley, are you local to Birmingham?

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 08:56:42 pm »
The steering wheel someone was breaking a GTI in brum its actually got the paddles and mine is a manual which was a shame but I dont really mind them being there hardly notice them...
The wheels do look bigger In that photo it looks like I have lowered it but I havent... Tempted though when I look at that pic... although I had said to myself that the windows was my last mod need to start saving the pennies towards a white scirocco although I love the golf that much I dont know If I could sell it!

Not lowered - seriously?
You must of had something heavy in your boot/back seats then fella? That wheel arch gap isn't natural of an empty factory car!  :grin: Looks good though.

Good find with the wheel. It's always been at the back of my mind to look for one but every time i do, they're few and far between to say the least.
Another Rocco convert on the cards? Hmmm...  :wink:

Is it the TDI engine you're after in the Roc?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Brooko19

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 10:44:46 pm »
Not lowered and nothing in the boot or the back I think it must just have been the way it was parked.... or maybe he had sumat heavy in the boot when he was tinting the windows because i had just reversed it out of his garage when i took the pic..

Yea it took me a while to find the wheel.. few on ebay but they fetch silly money some of them

Yea maybe I love the golf's though I can see myself prob getting a Rocco for a bit and then changing that after a while to a mk6 GTD...  :wink:
But not until at least the summer will I think of changing this one I just love the spec on it!

Yea the TDI it would have to be

Have you got a Golf?

Offline Modz

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 10:02:44 pm »
Car is nice mate .........dont suppose your intrested in selling im in Moseley

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 10:09:54 pm »
Not lowered and nothing in the boot or the back I think it must just have been the way it was parked.... or maybe he had sumat heavy in the boot when he was tinting the windows because i had just reversed it out of his garage when i took the pic..

Yea it took me a while to find the wheel.. few on ebay but they fetch silly money some of them

Yea maybe I love the golf's though I can see myself prob getting a Rocco for a bit and then changing that after a while to a mk6 GTD...  :wink:
But not until at least the summer will I think of changing this one I just love the spec on it!

Yea the TDI it would have to be

Have you got a Golf?

You're lucky with the OEM stance  :happy2:

The OEM GTI FBMFSW do go for silly cash, plus I don't see them often.
I've got a GTI indeed, I think you caught up with pics on my build thread mate  :smiley: I've a good friend who's got an EP3 CTR but wants to make the jump to the TDI Rocco shortly.

Why do you have so many quick changes planned - don't you keep your cars long?  :evilgrin:
I'll keep mine for at least 3.5 years of ownership I expect (18 months in so far  :love: )
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:03:02 pm by rdfcpete »
Pete

Offline Brooko19

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 11:58:14 pm »
Car is nice mate .........dont suppose your intrested in selling im in Moseley

Thanks Modz... Im not planning on selling it to be honest if I was made an offer that I felt I couldnt refuse then I would sell it...

Yea Pete after I asked if you had a golf I looked through the threads and found yours it's very nice mate!  :congrats:

I don't know because I love the car to bits but then I see the Rocco and want one and then I see the MK6 GTD and know that I want that 2 so I know after the Rocco ill get one of them  :signLOL:

Is yours the finished project now mate or you still got plans for it? I love the colour when I bought mine it was only ever be my colour or your grey!

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 04:11:27 pm »
Thanks again dude  :happy2:

I was the same as you really - had to be black or grey  :surprised:
If I was you I'd aim for the Rocco - that's purely because I don't really like the MK6's but am slowly warming to the GTI's and the .:R20.

I don't like the wheels are some of the touches on the GTD but some minor modding could address my gripes with the Mk6. I still genuinely think the MK5 is a better looking car overall.

Mines nearly finished - I'm about 2 major mods and 3 minor mods from being there. By summer, it'll be running as completed by my own little standards 
What about you? Looks like you're keen to do some more... before selling :smiley: :signLOL:
Pete