Make a donation

Author Topic: is this the worst revo stage 1 result ever?  (Read 3679 times)

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
is this the worst revo stage 1 result ever?
« on: December 11, 2010, 05:47:37 pm »
Poor results on dyno,  car is golf gti mk5,  191.1 hp at the wheels, aprox 224 bhp at the fly, torque 253.4 ftlb, stage 1 revo, prepped the car well before remap, checked and sorted any boost leaks, new dv, new pcv, full service, new spark plugs , oil filters, is this the worst revo stage 1 remap result ever? As revo state gains of a lot more, settings are b7  t6  f9,  thanks in advance

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: is this the worst revo stage 1 result ever?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:12:28 pm »
was it RR'd before the map?

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 06:14:01 pm »
What petrol did you have in it,   V Power ?    Did they log it for issues, any Timing pull etc ?
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 06:16:48 pm »
clutch issues ?
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 06:35:26 pm »
Post tne graph along with an afr plot if you have one. (where was it dyno'd?)

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 06:51:36 pm »
What petrol did you have in it,   V Power ?    Did they log it for issues, any Timing pull etc ?
when it was last on the dyno on the 26/11/2010, there was a smal boost leak, fixed the leak,  took it back on the 10/12/2010 loged with no foults found and boost leak fixed, always run on v power and dyno oparator reported no issues,  just seams low gains to me?

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 06:55:04 pm »
whats it like on the road ? it might be a issue with the rollers , figures dont mean much , as long as it goes well with no issues and your happy with it .

figures are simply pub talk !
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 06:58:16 pm »
when it was last on the dyno on the 26/11/2010, there was a smal boost leak, fixed the leak,  took it back on the 10/12/2010 loged with no foults found and boost leak fixed, always run on v power and dyno oparator reported no issues,  just seams low gains to me?

it logged with no errrs but was it RR before and after revo?

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 07:19:13 pm »

it logged with no errrs but was it RR before and after revo?
I assume the operator did both before and after and he was happy, all was ok, Will try and post dyno read out up in a minuet, if I can never done it before, thanks

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 07:22:03 pm »
 :popcornsoda:
whats it like on the road ? it might be a issue with the rollers , figures dont mean much , as long as it goes well with no issues and your happy with it .

I have to disagree in a way, we get a lot of cars in that have had a cheap remap (usually by a man in a van type setups) for dyno tests and they achieve low figures. When we try and correct the faults with the map which sorts the problem out we get the desired results and ask the customer to tedt drive the car to see the difference, often what started as a remap they were 'happy with' becones a remap thet they are delighted with, you dont always know if what you have is good until you have tried something that is genuinely good to compare it with.

The OP's car may have an underlying fault which their REVO dealer will help to resolve, or possibly it was a dyno error. Post the graphs and we might be able to help further :happy2:  

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 07:45:11 pm »
:popcornsoda:

I have to disagree in a way, we get a lot of cars in that have had a cheap remap (usually by a man in a van type setups) for dyno tests and they achieve low figures. When we try and correct the faults with the map which sorts the problem out we get the desired results and ask the customer to tedt drive the car to see the difference, often what started as a remap they were 'happy with' becones a remap thet they are delighted with, you dont always know if what you have is good until you have tried something that is genuinely good to compare it with.

The OP's car may have an underlying fault which their REVO dealer will help to resolve, or possibly it was a dyno error. Post the graphs and we might be able to help further :happy2:  
Hi have emailed you the dyno result, thanks for taking the time to look at the graph, really appreciate it,

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 08:06:05 pm »
I know Craig (dyno operator) personally and they have a very good dyno setup ( we supplied their huge cooling system)

Looking at the graph it seems ok, but very low on power. Think you need to get some datalogging done and take it from there. The datalogs should show the issue, maybe craig could help you with this.

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 08:19:01 pm »
I know Craig (dyno operator) personally and they have a very good dyno setup ( we supplied their huge cooling system)

Looking at the graph it seems ok, but very low on power. Think you need to get some datalogging done and take it from there. The datalogs should show the issue, maybe craig could help you with this.
thanks for taking the time to look at the graph, just got my vcds and learning to use it, what number blocks would you recomend i logg, thanks

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 08:22:20 pm »
i always log, 2,31,115,230

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 08:28:07 pm »
i always log, 2,31,115,230
thanks wil give it a go tomorow, just hope there is some more bhp there  :smiley: