Make a donation

Author Topic: Somebody was in my house, i almost got robbed!!  (Read 28087 times)

Offline cossy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • 57 REG ED30 5325 MILES!
Re: Somebody was in my house, i almost got robbed!!
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 01:03:35 pm »
Sorry to hear this but good on you.

Dont think I would of called the police though.

Would of made  a call to a man with a nice van, loaded the scum bag up and gone for a drive and a little chat to see if I could reabilitate him.

:driver:

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 02:14:31 pm »

at least your ok and your family . scum bag was he a junkie
Sig to big.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 02:25:00 pm »
Well done, Joe!  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Get some independent legal advice though. The downside is that a solicitor acting for the scumbag would cite your 'violent' assault (it wasn't self defence) and also that his client had done no more than entering your home uninvited etc and didn't commit any theft (or damage?). Just wanting you to cover all the angles in your best interests. :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 02:40:38 pm »
Fairplay fella... you must have some big kahuna's.... :notworthy:.
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 02:41:49 pm »
Awesome work Joe! Kudos for catching him. As above, you must have huge cojones!

Obviously running barefoot (which you weren't used to) meant you tripped and stumbled a few times and because you stretched your arms out to break your fall, instead of hitting the ground, your hands hit the back of his head. It stopped you from falling and allowed you to continue chase.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 02:44:09 pm »
Top effort Joe.  :congrats:

Hope the little tosser is getting bummed to death by the Incredible Hulks big brother as I type.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 03:18:05 pm »

Top effort Joe.  :congrats:

Hope the little tosser is getting bummed to death by the Incredible Hulks big brother as I type.  :happy2:

....You don't look quite so scary without your green make-up, Hedge:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Bennett vrs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 04:01:28 pm »
Good on you.  :happy2: The adrenalin takes over but then you sit down and think your lucky he didnt pull a gun or a knife though! Glad you caught him and gave him a pasting as part of the bargain though. Hear it far to much about them targetting 32's!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 04:09:10 pm »
i was out last night and saw myself this nice looking R32.  Thought to myself, nice car, pretty slow but sounds good, hell, why not, think ill go get the keys and have a spin.

Anyway, i go in, get the keys, you'll never believe it though, crazy ba$tard started shouting and chased me off and filled me in though.  Selfish git.

:congrats: :congrats:
Get in mate. similar thing happened at ours a few months back.  My neighbour caught 2 guys in our carpark in the act of breaking into cars.  They sh!t them selves when they were given the good news by about 7 squaddies before the police turned up

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 04:19:36 pm »

My neighbour caught 2 guys in our carpark in the act of breaking into cars.  They sh!t them selves when they were given the good news by about 7 squaddies before the police turned up

....A few years back, a friend who used to be a squaddie then left the services and applied to be a policeman. However, at that time he was refused and the word was that the police wouldn't accept squaddies because they feared their training might prompt too violent a reaction when confronting criminals. I don't know how true that was/is but I understood the logic.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 04:44:10 pm »
Well done, Joe!  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Get some independent legal advice though. The downside is that a solicitor acting for the scumbag would cite your 'violent' assault (it wasn't self defence) and also that his client had done no more than entering your home uninvited etc and didn't commit any theft (or damage?). Just wanting you to cover all the angles in your best interests. :happy2:

he took my bank card and both sets of keys for my r32 and my mates mk3 gti that is in the garage.

The funny thing that makes me chuckle a little bit is this... he had my set of keys for my R, he had my mates set of keys for his gti, now my mates gti is in the garage, (easily opened from outside,) but then Kim's (my girlfriend) new beetle was parked infront of the garage door, so the mk3 couldnt move as the beetle was blocking it in anyway, the funny part is that he was trying to rob kims 2.0 beetle auto with my r32 keys, all the time my r32 was parked round the corner off the drive on the road!! so it was a huge FAIL!! he could ov had a nice r32 and been off, instead he came back in the house looking for the beetle keys!!  :grin: :grin: then he got tw@tted!!  :grin: :grin:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 05:01:22 pm »
^^^^
That's good news - I missed the bit about him stealing various keys and card (if indeed you posted the info).  :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 05:06:17 pm »
A few years back, a friend who used to be a squaddie then left the services and applied to be a policeman. However, at that time he was refused and the word was that the police wouldn't accept squaddies because they feared their training might prompt too violent a reaction when confronting criminals. I don't know how true that was/is but I understood the logic.

Not true at all, there is quite a large percentage of policeman and fireman who are ex forces.  the majority of guys leaving the forces to become policeman will have served over 22 years and likely be into their 30s, so should be well past that stage anyway.  The only restriction i've heard of is armed response, due to the forces 'shoot to kill' policy, compared to the police's 'shoot to disable' policy.

As for the logic, Were normal people here, im a fully qualified electrician with a degree, so were not all nutters pal :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 05:16:29 pm »

A few years back, a friend who used to be a squaddie then left the services and applied to be a policeman. However, at that time he was refused and the word was that the police wouldn't accept squaddies because they feared their training might prompt too violent a reaction when confronting criminals. I don't know how true that was/is but I understood the logic.

Not true at all, there is quite a large percentage of policeman and fireman who are ex forces.  the majority of guys leaving the forces to become policeman will have served over 22 years and likely be into their 30s, so should be well past that stage anyway.  The only restriction i've heard of is armed response, due to the forces 'shoot to kill' policy, compared to the police's 'shoot to disable' policy.

As for the logic, Were normal people here, im a fully qualified electrician with a degree, so were not all nutters pal :happy2:

....So it's just Carl who's the nutter then  :evilgrin:

My friend was only in his 20s and I think had been in a very active section according to his dad. But no offence intended by my logic comment.  :happy2:

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:02 pm »
 :happy2: nice one, this almost happened to me, knock at door, ignored it, then bang, they kicked the door in. saw like 5 guys, shouted "OI" at them and they all ran off... into a Audi RS6 of all things :-\

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats