Make a donation

Author Topic: Somebody was in my house, i almost got robbed!!  (Read 28106 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Somebody was in my house, i almost got robbed!!
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2010, 07:33:30 pm »
Robin, way too deep to go into, but if UK Law really reflected the view's of our society then we'd be royally f*cked.

Saint Steve

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2010, 07:39:35 pm »
Well done joe for standing your ground, the main thing is, that you didn't get Hirt, these people have no morals and could of been carrying anything that could of Hirt you.
Easy to see Red in that situation, hope you don't get in trouble for Flooring the guy.

If this guy is known as a repeat offender, then the old bill will be less likely to defend him when it comes to an assult plea
Hope you still have a relaxing Christmas with your family, and not be on edge .
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:49:03 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 07:47:02 pm »

The basis of two very bold statements. He gave me something pretty solid to go off, but really, I don't mean any offence.

I'm obviously a very different person to all of you. I believe in compassion and understanding, and I don't place much importance in my possessions. I don't believe that people are born 'bad'. My Father is a Barrister, and as such he has seen people from all different walks of life commit crime, whether rich or poor. The one thing he always taught me, is that people need to be judged individually. It's all to easy to 'classify' people as 'scum' without really understanding where they have came from.

....I can understand and respect that. It's "Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their moccasins" or shoes.

I don't think it's either too far-fetched or unreasonable to assume that the perpetrator (using a more neutral term than "scumbag") in Joe's case was not starving and needing to look after his family - As Sy said, he could have attempted to rob a food store. We don't know, but such an attempted theft is most likely to be either for personal gain (his gain at innocent Joe's expense) or to finance a drug habit. I emphasise that we don't know but not all those in very poor circumstances resort to entering people's homes and stealing.

If they do so, they must face the consequences, be it an extremely angry victim, a fierce dog, or the law. If you can't stand the heat, don't go in the kitchen.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:50:17 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 07:48:52 pm »

Robin, way too deep to go into, but if UK Law really reflected the view's of our society then we'd be royally f*cked.

.... :laugh: Yes, that's a whole different can of worms! You hopefully understood the principle of what I meant though. I was trying not to write a thesis.  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2010, 07:49:10 pm »
Good on you.  :happy2: The adrenalin takes over but then you sit down and think your lucky he didnt pull a gun or a knife though! Glad you caught him and gave him a pasting as part of the bargain though. Hear it far to much about them targetting 32's!

Mate of mine lost his dad to a very similar story, chased the guy down the street with a golf club the robber turned round and threw a knife which went into his neck ever since that day this sh*t scares me i dont think i would have been chasing fair play to you mate, cock suckers!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2010, 07:50:05 pm »
Don't know what all the fuss is about, have you met Joe? He'd struggle to floor a new born kitten!  :signLOL:

Saint Steve

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2010, 07:51:44 pm »
^^^^^. wasn't he the guy in the Mr muscle tv add?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2010, 07:56:42 pm »

Don't know what all the fuss is about, have you met Joe? He'd struggle to floor a new born kitten!  :signLOL:

....Yes, I'm thinking that the guy can't have been someone the size of Hedge or Thor for example. Mind you, I have angrily chased someone in a van who knocked off my wing mirror (not on the GTI) and then found myself facing a huge bear of a guy when he got out the van. Fortunately, being both locals, we knew of each other and I stopped being angry and he stopped denying it and willingly paid the pro workshop who replaced it. I was lucky!

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2010, 08:03:11 pm »
imo... anyone who breaks the law in this way knowingly takes the responsiblity upon themselves and should get what they deserve"!! unfortunaltey the law has been so processed by do gooders and political correctness that the whole country is scared to do what is right as a society and therefore there is no consequence to any wrongdoing!

we can clog up joes thread with this discussion or we can allow everyone else to  :congrats: :congrats: him
 we can start another tread on the law and what we think of it... ill look forward to posting in that one.

i deal with people of all ages/creed religions everyday and what not and we all somehow come to the same conclusion about the majority of the governments decisions and the law in general. there is just no common sense...

if he hadnt broken into joes home he would have gotten a kicking and wouldnt have been arrested end of!!

end of rant lol
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2010, 08:09:50 pm »

....Yes, I'm thinking that the guy can't have been someone the size of Hedge or Thor for example. Mind you, I have angrily chased someone in a van who knocked off my wing mirror (not on the GTI) and then found myself facing a huge bear of a guy when he got out the van. Fortunately, being both locals, we knew of each other and I stopped being angry and he stopped denying it and willingly paid the pro workshop who replaced it. I was lucky!

Not always about size though is it RR, it's probably more to do with how many screws the individual have loose rattling around in the empty space of a head!  :signLOL:

Andrew I think your going to be pretty much on your own on this one, but I'd envisage the world would be a nicer place if more people were like you!  :happy2:

I on the other hand have a very short temper and would have happily kicked two shades of sh1t out of him!!  :ashamed:

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2010, 08:12:20 pm »
Everyone is different, and you should not be punished for your 'genetic make up'

And in that, you may have proved my point

Now your contradicting yourself.  You said people 'are not' born bad (in other words, robbing is nowt to do with genetics).
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2010, 08:19:42 pm »
lmao at andrewparker  :grin: nobody cares, go to bed :indifferent:

didnt really expect this thred to have such a reaction and have a certain somebody try and convince people that the c*nt deserves to leave without punishment! how will he ever learn his lesson, you cant walk into peoples houses and take things, and run away, then expect to get away with it. Every policeman ive spoke to today in the CSI department said they would have done far worse damage to him.

oh and the paper want to come and take a photo of me  :laugh: :laugh: best get the pikey vest out!!  :signLOL:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2010, 08:20:17 pm »
Sorry, I was meant to infer that your point about everyone being judged on an individual basis was correct, not unfairly classified as 'scum', without knowing the full story.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2010, 08:23:02 pm »

i resemble that comment!!  :grin: :grin: :grin:

ive been in the gym again!!  :signLOL:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2010, 08:27:16 pm »
lmao at andrewparker  :grin: nobody cares, go to bed :indifferent:

I wasn't having a go at you Joe, it's all healthy discussion as far as I, and I'm sure a few others here, are concerned.

However, if you want to be immature about it then I'll leave it alone.

Oh and congrats, you should have stamped on the f*ckers head until his brain bled, then laughed in his mothers face at his funeral. At least he didn't get your R32!