Make a donation

Author Topic: Somebody was in my house, i almost got robbed!!  (Read 28120 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Somebody was in my house, i almost got robbed!!
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2010, 06:42:00 pm »
If a 'Scum' takes the risk to burgle/rob etc another persons property, then they 'should' accept any consequence as they put themself in that position ! (otherwise not do it).  Your attitude, right or wrong, is exactly the reason why homeowners 'can' be prosecuted for injuring a 'Scum' in their house, or for robbing their property.  This should NOT be the case and no grey are should exist in this matter.  Homeowners should be allowed to defend their own property and possessions..... Period !!

Mark, re-read Joe's original post. He says the perpetrator ran away, he chased him, and proudly kicked the sh*t out of him. I'd agree completely if there was a physical confrontation in the property. In that instance I'd support what he did.

You guys do realise that people commit crime for very different reasons don't you?

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2010, 06:51:56 pm »
Yes , I understand that he was chased.  But in a highly stressfull situation like that you may find yourself chasing someone, without even thinking about it.  Humans have an inbuilt 'fight or flight' system that you CAN'T control.   Only 'after' that kind of event do you realise what has happened.

Everyone is different, and you should not be punished for your 'genetic make up'
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2010, 06:55:33 pm »

You guys do realise that people commit crime for very different reasons don't you?

....Indeed, of course. But are you suggesting that it was because the perpetrator was able to justify such invasive actions?

Fortunately we, in the UK, are not living in a part of the world where survival depends on taking what's needed to survive and in an environment where law has totally broken down or ceased to exist.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2010, 06:55:53 pm »
Everyone is different, and you should not be punished for your 'genetic make up'

And in that, you may have proved my point

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2010, 06:57:13 pm »
Having been the victim of a similar crime and having had my lovely stage 2 Octy stolen and t(h)rashed I can only applaud Joe's actions. I think as long as you leave them breathing enough to answer questions then everything else is fair game.

Should the unfortunate happen, oh well the dirty scumbag can't ruin someone elses life.

Harsh but I didn't start it, whatever the excuses.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2010, 07:00:36 pm »

....Indeed, of course. But are you suggesting that it was because the perpetrator was able to justify such invasive actions?

Let's get this straight, I don't think in any circumstance anyone can justify taking another person's possessions, regardless of their personal plight.

However, and as you have pointed out, we don not live an environment where law has totally broken down or ceased to exist. And as such it is up to our law to judge a person's actions.

Would Joe have felt any remorse had the person been living below the poverty line, struggling to feed his children, and provide a roof over their heads?

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2010, 07:01:27 pm »
Having been the victim of a similar crime and having had my lovely stage 2 Octy stolen and t(h)rashed I can only applaud Joe's actions. I think as long as you leave them breathing enough to answer questions then everything else is fair game.

Should the unfortunate happen, oh well the dirty scumbag can't ruin someone elses life.

Extremely devoid of any morals and basic intelligence.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2010, 07:02:19 pm »

Yes , I understand that he was chased.  But in a highly stressfull situation like that you may find yourself chasing someone, without even thinking about it.  Humans have an inbuilt 'fight or flight' system that you CAN'T control.   Only 'after' that kind of event do you realise what has happened.

....Agreed, and we all have just read about Joe's 'genetic make up'. I also think that our real-life reactions are influenced by our upbringing and family background, and it works both ways. Many criminals wouldn't be so if their parents or school had punished them properly - And yes, I do mean by physical punishment, however unfashionable or non-PC it is to say so. Mind you, in spite of being beaten 3 strokes at public school for belching loudly during an evening meal, I still belch occasionally.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2010, 07:03:41 pm »

How nice of you to judge me your holiness.  :notworthy:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2010, 07:05:59 pm »

Let's get this straight, I don't think in any circumstance anyone can justify taking another person's possessions, regardless of their personal plight.

However, and as you have pointed out, we don not live an environment where law has totally broken down or ceased to exist. And as such it is up to our law to judge a person's actions.

Would Joe have felt any remorse had the person been living below the poverty line, struggling to feed his children, and provide a roof over their heads?

....I really don't know how Joe would have felt and I very much doubt he knows for certain - We are all different individuals.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2010, 07:08:49 pm »

....I was just about to say similarly, Hedge.

Andrew, how can you judge? Have you ever met Hedge - You'd remember if you had.

Let's not let this discussion sink into insulting each other.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:10:28 pm by RedRobin »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2010, 07:16:49 pm »
@ Andrew:

I'm understanding in re-reading your posts that you're not excusing the attempted theft but that you feel strongly about a victim's physical reactions if it harms the perpretator in (?)any(?) way.

UK law is meant to reflect society's views and currently in such matters I don't think it does. It's too far down the road of what's called political correctness and everyone's 'rights'.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 07:19:16 pm »

well steal from a supermarket, steal from a corner shop, thats where food is.  Also this is why we have a benefits system

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 07:20:27 pm »
@ Andrew:

I'm understanding in re-reading your posts that you're not excusing the attempted theft but that you feel strongly about a victim's physical reactions if it harms the perpretator in (?)any(?) way.

UK law is meant to reflect society's views and currently in such matters I don't think it does. It's too far down the road of what's called political correctness and everyone's 'rights'.

Agreed, please people dont get my posts in this thread wrong, what i wrote was to protect Joe, as for the scumbag well i would have a way of dealing with it and i would keep it to myself  :evilgrin:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 07:29:38 pm »

Andrew, how can you judge?

The basis of two very bold statements. He gave me something pretty solid to go off, but really, I don't mean any offence.

I'm obviously a very different person to all of you. I believe in compassion and understanding, and I don't place much importance in my possessions. I don't believe that people are born 'bad'. My Father is a Barrister, and as such he has seen people from all different walks of life commit crime, whether rich or poor. The one thing he always taught me, is that people need to be judged individually. It's all to easy to 'classify' people as 'scum' without really understanding where they have came from.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:31:24 pm by andrewparker »