Make a donation

Author Topic: Good upholsterers/coachbuilders in Midlands  (Read 2047 times)

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
Good upholsterers/coachbuilders in Midlands
« on: December 15, 2010, 02:56:24 pm »
Hi all,
As you all know by now, I have some R32 Leather Recaro seats in my MK5 GTI, they are leather and as such I freeze every time I get in,
So I am looking to get them retrimmed, I have the material sorted, and was going to go to MJinteriors, but they are a good 150 miles away, so I was looking for somewhere local to me who could do it.
Anyone got any recommendations please?
Ta

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Good upholsterers/coachbuilders in Midlands
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 04:39:17 pm »
I'd do the 300 mile round trip.

Heard nothing but good things about those guys  :happy2:

****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 05:20:57 pm »
I'd do the 300 mile round trip.

Heard nothing but good things about those guys  :happy2:

I have heard loads of fantastic reviews too, but as well as the 300 mile trip is the fact I have to leave the car with them for 2 days, meaning a 4 hour and rather expensive train journey there and back.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 07:56:05 pm »
Fair point mate  :happy2:

Is it all the seats your getting done or just the Recaros?
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 09:10:33 pm »
Fair point mate  :happy2:

Is it all the seats your getting done or just the Recaros?

For now, just the Recaro's. Then at a later date get the rears done, the doorcards, and the gear gaitor. (maybe)

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 10:05:29 pm »
Just a thought but I have a set of standard cloth seats in the garage Id be willing to loan a fellow dubber

Might save on trips backwards and forward and you wouldnt have to leave the car.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:08:37 pm by apollo13 »

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 10:06:17 pm »
What about plus automotive? Based in Leicester.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 10:31:36 pm »
Hi Al.  I know Andrew Chapple of Volkswizard fame uses Leathercraft for his bolster retrimming.  I think Roger is your man on 0121 744 7482.  I've never used them, know nothing of them and have never seen any of their work but they're obviously a West Midlands outift so it might be worth a call if you're looking for somewhere a bit closer to home.  Cheers.

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 02:04:33 pm »
THanks J, will give him a call,had a call back from Tappers in Birmingham offering to do it for a good price, and htey will take away the R logo for me.
Anyone got a phone number for Luke, have contacted him before through mail/pm but not had a reply so just want to chat on the phone, as his reputation is 100%