Make a donation

Author Topic: RS3 Standard Equipment and pricing.  (Read 11690 times)

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Re: RS3 Standard Equipment and pricing.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 11:59:31 am »
I have been offered a decent price for the Roc R, due to long waiting lists etc someone wants to buy mine from me.

I asked at the Audi Dealers about a new S3, and also about the chances of an RS3 in std shape (non SB) and a manual version..........

No order as yet........

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 12:02:22 pm »
Similar story here. Whilst mine was in for wty work they offered me what I paid for mine. Long waiting lists for A3/S3 at the moment too not to mention the VAT increase.

I'd be surprised if there were any discounts on the RS3.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 12:28:52 pm »
I have been offered a decent price for the Roc R, due to long waiting lists etc someone wants to buy mine from me.

I asked at the Audi Dealers about a new S3, and also about the chances of an RS3 in std shape (non SB) and a manual version..........

No order as yet........

Is there going to be a non SB version though ?, i went in Audi the other day but they were so obnoxious i walked back out, Audi wont be getting my cash anytime soon !!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 12:37:20 pm »
RS 3  has to be best car out there at the minute  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Really?... I know this is a VAG forum, but i bet the M1 is the better drive.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 12:45:10 pm »
RS 3  has to be best car out there at the minute  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm absolutely convinced the 1M will trounce the RS3 in every area bar practicality. It's what I'm lusting after at the moment!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 12:49:02 pm »
[quote auth 22875.msg305488#msg305488 date=1292762240]

[/quote]

slower round the nurb than the TT RS though  :laugh: :laugh:

1M will be a great car no doubt, im down to test drive one, would love it and the TTRS on my drive.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 01:37:41 pm »
why bigger tyres on the front surely that can't be right

I guess its due to controlling the amount of understeer.  a bigger rear tyre would outgrip the fronts so it would understeer more at  the limit.  If they have gone for a bigger front id guess it was because it was understeering a bit more than they wanted, Easiest solution is give the front end more grip with a bigger tyre.

RS 3  has to be best car out there at the minute  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm absolutely convinced the 1M will trounce the RS3 in every area bar practicality. It's what I'm lusting after at the moment!

too much VAG brand snobbery on here :innocent:.  good to see people willing to accept VAG arent the best at everything.  VAG do all rounders IMO.  BMW do driving dynamics.  That said id probably have the RS3 though,  :wink:

Offline POC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 03:51:13 pm »
The RS3 will have the same engine as the TT-RS? If so......

&feature=related

a little tuning potential there  :happy2:

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 03:54:01 pm »

No order as yet........

Is there going to be a non SB version though ?, i went in Audi the other day but they were so obnoxious i walked back out, Audi wont be getting my cash anytime soon !!

I find that most car dealers are like this now! My friend and i went down to marsh Barton in Exeter last week and every car garage you can think of is down a long stretch altogether. Now my friend has been looking at a range rover but we decided to take a look around a few other garages, audi, porsche, bmw etc etc and bearing in mind he drives a lovely white S5 easily 50k + with extras and not one salesman came over to us to ask if we needed help. Now we are both 25 and i can understand if we had pulled up in a saxo or something but why would you not try to help someone that looks to have money?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 04:12:24 pm »
They lost out a while a go too has i had gone in to look at a new S3 and i was treated exactly the same then, so i just walked away, the other problem would be that they would be my local dealer too !!

No order as yet........

I find that most car dealers are like this now! My friend and i went down to marsh Barton in Exeter last week and every car garage you can think of is down a long stretch altogether. Now my friend has been looking at a range rover but we decided to take a look around a few other garages, audi, porsche, bmw etc etc and bearing in mind he drives a lovely white S5 easily 50k + with extras and not one salesman came over to us to ask if we needed help. Now we are both 25 and i can understand if we had pulled up in a saxo or something but why would you not try to help someone that looks to have money?

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 04:16:44 pm »

ive not looked at the bmw but i think id take the audi over the bmw any time , and i ve  got a bmw at the moment which i m loving  :happy2:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 04:22:44 pm »
They lost out a while a go too has i had gone in to look at a new S3 and i was treated exactly the same then, so i just walked away, the other problem would be that they would be my local dealer too !!

No order as yet........

audi dealers are terible for this but in my experience when you ve got the car , service etc is pretty good , leicester audi i found really helpful and friendlier than others

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 04:22:54 pm »

No order as yet........

I'm glad you walked out mate, i would do the same. The thing i love is, all the car dealers are saying what a hard time they are having selling new cars, but when someone shows some interest it's like they just really can't be bothered to get up.

The RS3 looks like it has a stunning spec but would i spend £40k on it, unfortunately no!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2010, 04:28:33 pm »
When i bought my A3 sportback from Audi i dealt with a young saleman who could wanted to help as much as possible and made the buying process very easy but i have been to same dealer a few times and they were pants and dont even bother you any more  :confused:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2010, 04:32:25 pm »
I know that some people don't like to be bothered when looking around cars, in shops and things but all i think it would take is for the salesman to simple come over and say hi, I'm so and so can i help you with anything. If the customer doesn't want it, fine but at least his asked the question you know.