Make a donation

Author Topic: Police patrols in Manchester  (Read 1285 times)

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
Police patrols in Manchester
« on: December 22, 2010, 10:47:51 am »
i know the vast majority of members here are law abiding citizens but just wanted to give a heads up.
Going along Ashton New Road (towards Ashton) in openshaw last night - apporox 20:00. I noticed on the other side of the road (heading towards town) an grey ED30 getting pulled buy an unmarked silver 6 series BMW. Ive seen this BMW in town etc but not that far out of the city centre. I guess it makes sense they are stepping up patrol at this time of year.

Like i say, most people are law abiding but if you keep putting off getting that blown headlight bulb changed, or the tyre thats on the legal limit or a crack in your windscreen sorted.. get it sorted ASAP. Dont get in the mind set that if you stick to to speed limit, you wont get pulled. All it takes is for a number plate bulb to be out to get pulled over before they check the whole car....

Thanks

Richard

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Police patrols in Manchester
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 12:25:06 pm »
Reminds me of the unmarked silver Beemer I saw round Brum last night. I was a little worried as it had been going in the opposite direction on a normal road, looked like he saw me, put his lights on and then did a U-turn after passing me. Thankfully he carried on after I pulled over.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 12:39:30 pm »
Reminds me of the unmarked silver Beemer I saw round Brum last night. I was a little worried as it had been going in the opposite direction on a normal road, looked like he saw me, put his lights on and then did a U-turn after passing me. Thankfully he carried on after I pulled over.

Good job really, as they would have found  that massive stash in your boot if they had been stopping you!  :grin: :jumping:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 05:41:07 pm »
Yes, my stash.....of bootlegged Haribo! :xmassmiley:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

psw mk5

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 07:22:14 pm »
[countdown=][/countdown]
i know the vast majority of members here are law abiding citizens but just wanted to give a heads up.
Going along Ashton New Road (towards Ashton) in openshaw last night - apporox 20:00. I noticed on the other side of the road (heading towards town) an grey ED30 getting pulled buy an unmarked silver 6 series BMW. Ive seen this BMW in town etc but not that far out of the city centre. I guess it makes sense they are stepping up patrol at this time of year.

Like i say, most people are law abiding but if you keep putting off getting that blown headlight bulb changed, or the tyre thats on the legal limit or a crack in your windscreen sorted.. get it sorted ASAP. Dont get in the mind set that if you stick to to speed limit, you wont get pulled. All it takes is for a number plate bulb to be out to get pulled over before they check the whole car....

Thanks

Spooky that it's right near my house small world :santa:

Richard