Make a donation

Author Topic: Do you acknowledge other gti owners?  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Do you acknowledge other gti owners?
« on: December 21, 2010, 11:04:06 pm »
I usually give them a raised finger from the steering wheel or a flash of the lights, 9 times out of 10 I don't get a response though!

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Do you acknowledge other gti owners?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 11:08:29 pm »
I usually give them a raised finger...don't get a response though!

I guess that's probably why!  :grin:

TBH when I first had the ED30, the GTI was still relatively new and not often seen so I'd at least make eye contact. But I think once the 05-plates were out of their three year warranty, they suddenly seemed to pop up everywhere!

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 11:09:35 pm »
I usually give them a raised finger...don't get a response though!

I guess that's probably why!  :grin:

TBH when I first had the ED30, the GTI was still relatively new and not often seen so I'd at least make eye contact. But I think once the 05-plates were out of their three year warranty, they suddenly seemed to pop up everywhere!
:signLOL: very good!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 11:27:22 pm »
I think unfortunately the GTI isn't only a car for the enthusiast so you wont always be waving at someone who has even noticed you have the same car as them (especially if its in a different colour  :grin: ) so I dont think the waving and flashing really works with the GTI, sure an R32 is different, bit of a shame but it is the peoples car!

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 07:41:43 am »
It's a shame really as thats one of the things that attracted me to getting a vdub, the friendly and enthusiast nature of the drivers. Unlike the focus st drives!  :signLOL:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 11:15:59 am »
renaultsport owners always have a wave, but we are enthusiasts, none of this does my car have a nice dash over here :signLOL: would imagine if the golf is modded you would get a wave? is a bit sad though, especially if you got somebody in the car with you :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline TANNER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 06:02:11 pm »
I usually give them a raised finger from the steering wheel or a flash of the lights, 9 times out of 10 I don't get a response though!

Same here mate but always get ignored!  :P

When I had my Lupo GTI I always got a nod but doesnt seem to have the love for the golf.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 06:29:23 pm »
I always wave at all GTI's and also VeeDubs such as Beetles and Campers or any that look loved and driven by an enthusiast.

As already said, not all GTI drivers are enthusiasts but I don't let that bother me or stop me - It's their loss if they are such miseries.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 08:35:02 pm »
I waved at a nice, red Ed30 with a private plate on the M42 near Bromsgrove a couple of weeks ago as he passed me in the middle lane.  Disappointed at only receiving a blank look in return it dawned on me it might've helped if I was in me car rather than the work's Astravan.  Ne'er mind eh?!

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 08:43:02 pm »
I waved at a nice, red Ed30 with a private plate on the M42 near Bromsgrove a couple of weeks ago as he passed me in the middle lane.  Disappointed at only receiving a blank look in return it dawned on me it might've helped if I was in me car rather than the work's Astravan.  Ne'er mind eh?!
:signLOL:  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 08:49:51 pm »

.... :signLOL:  Classic! I've done the same while passenger in a car which wasn't a VW!

[I went to Bromsgrove School - In the late 1950's and 1960's before girls attended]

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!