Make a donation

Author Topic: Am I dreaming? [Finance Q]  (Read 4067 times)

Offline candy turbo

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
Re: Am I dreaming? [Finance Q]
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 09:11:13 pm »
if the dealer has quoted you wrong they ll correct it in the paper work , what year , mileage , extra s does your ed 30 have ?

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 09:25:29 pm »
57-plate poverty spec ED30 - leather armrest, 6CD RCD500. Cruise control (retrofit). iPod connection. I told them I will take out the reversing camera and the RNS510. 24000 miles.

They printed out the paperwork to show it to me. It doesn't look like a mistake.

I imagine they would make £3-4k on the ED30, plus whatever they get from doing the finance deal.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 09:37:12 pm »
After a year or so Stealth, once the new car novelty wear's off, you will begrudge paying out that much every month. unless i wanted it really bad, i would be saving up for it, for a year to see if i really still yearn for it.  You should not really buy anything so costly with such a low percentage equity/deposit. I know everyone is different, but it's that kind of recklessness that has got the economy in such a mess at the moment. it's so easy to see our neighbours with nice cars and houses and think that we all should have it.  :driver:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 09:53:48 pm »
Don't worry TC. I've seen sense and am sticking with the ED30. This wasn't about keeping up with the Joneses but more about tickling my fancy.  :xmassmiley: Let the house-deposit saving continue!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 09:59:19 pm »
Howay then, tell us what you were looking at!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 10:14:53 pm »
i think £13k offer from dealer is a good one tbh if and thats if you sold it privately what would you expect £14 k ??????

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 10:29:44 pm »
if you sold it privately what would you expect £14 k ??????
Figured it'd be around £14-15k. Just done a glass guide valuation and they reckon £13k privately, so the dealer figure is pretty good.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 10:37:24 pm »
Howay then, tell us what you were looking at!
:grin:

Yes

It was a Golf R. 5dr. Black Pearl. DSG (really wanted to try this), Colour highline, cruise control, winter pack, luxury pack - basically all of the options I wanted in my current ED30. I think that was the huge appeal - at the time, I wasn't able to pre-order the ED30 and had to choose what was in stock, which ended up being pretty much a poverty spec car.

Maybe, in due course, I can build up my ED30 to the car it should have been!

Ifti

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 10:50:56 pm »
You've done the right thing. The are things we all want in life. I loved my ED30, yet I still sold it and ended up with a MK5 Diesel due to the number of miles i do.
Why? Not because I couldn't afford it (I save about £1k per month even after paying my mortgage, bills, and shopping etc for the family), but because we need to consider our future as well. My main priority at the moment is paying off as much of my mortgage as possible. i then need to consider my children's future education etc. On top of that, we want a larger house 5 or so years from now, and i would like to get that and keep our current place to rent out.
Hence, the way I see it, is that im saving hard for our future, to make our future easier. Once im at that stage in 5-6 years, maybe then i can buy myself the car I've always wanted etc. Remember a nice car is a luxury. It won't earn you anything etc.

I know there are those who would say you only live once and to enjoy it etc. But for me, i feel you cant live life like that and not plan for your future. Especially when you have a young family as well.
Keep saving for a deposit mate. You'll be glad you did in the future, trust me.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2010, 11:34:05 pm »
I'm glad you have decided to stick with your current car Edition 30 (which many of us on here would love to drive / own). Apart from the financial debate you wouldn't gain much more than what you have now in my opinion.
Enjoy your car
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides