Make a donation

Author Topic: 400Hp FRS racing the BMW M5 Taxi  (Read 7279 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: 400Hp FRS racing the BMW M5 Taxi
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 07:53:06 pm »
what sort of times you go around in mate?

Low eights B to G.  Fastest video'd lap I have is 8'18" when the car was running on dud plugs. I reckon I've done some excellent clean laps untimed that couldn't have been far off 8 min B to G. A stage 2+ ED30 like NeilM's should easily do a sub 8min B to G with the right tyres. I was overtaking modded RS's like they were going out of fashion at both Spa and the 'ring, so they aren't as fast as some people think :evilgrin: :signLOL:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 07:55:51 pm »
Looks to me like the M5 was miles quicker in the straights, and in the corners was being a little more sensible and cautious with the traffic.

Also looks like the M5 let the RS through!

im not on about the power in a straightline.  The point im getting at is the FRS with just uprated springs was keeping with an M5 which has fully track specced suspension setups and brakes.  They also renew the suspension very frequently so its always in perfect condition.  Hence why its so expensive

that is impressive.  obviously the Badge snobs and haters amongst you wont be able to accept that though :grin:  id agree that the M5 let him through, but he also blocked him on numerous occasions
I was overtaking modded RS's like they were going out of fashion at both Spa and the 'ring, so they aren't as fast as some people think :evilgrin: :signLOL:
even with mine @ stage 2 the std FRS wasnt that much quicker than my vRS with bluefin stage 2.  From the beginning cones after the barrier to the first right hander, a full throttle drag with mine and a FRS only had him gain about 3-4 car lengths which is amusing cos the bluefin was sh!te

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 07:56:28 pm »
timing is never good, i never did then my girlfriend did without telling me, never enjoyed it as much since, got stressed about people slowing me down and forget to enjoy it!!! next time i will be taking a cheap track car that i know wont be fast so i have more fun :happy2:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 07:59:01 pm »
im pretty strict with myself for timing equipment.  I know id do something stupid else.  Dont even film myself.  Sometimes id try and latch onto quicker cars to see how long i could stay there, but i wont go up peoples ass(on track that is)

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 08:00:41 pm »
what sort of times you go around in mate?

Low eights B to G.  Fastest video'd lap I have is 8'18" when the car was running on dud plugs. I reckon I've done some excellent clean laps untimed that couldn't have been far off 8 min B to G. A stage 2+ ED30 like NeilM's should easily do a sub 8min B to G with the right tyres. I was overtaking modded RS's like they were going out of fashion at both Spa and the 'ring, so they aren't as fast as some people think :evilgrin: :signLOL:
i know your time john!!! as for the focus, you can never tell on track, as it depends whos driving.

Nasir

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 08:29:25 pm »
I don't think the M5 is trying too hard, if the M5 driver had the same mindset as the Focus driver it would be a different story.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 08:55:58 pm »

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 08:13:33 am »
have i missed something pov? just a clio getting done by a csl and a gtr with a shocking driver :confused:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2010, 09:31:35 am »
I'm not really sure what that video is proving? I've no doubt the Focus is quick, and it should be with 400Hp and R888s, but that's just waving your knob around and claiming a victory over someone who didn't even know it was a competition.

Traction?? Can't be measured. Hot day on R888s and he didn't drop below 3rd. Lets see it around Anglesey or something else tight and technical.

I like the FRS, I like it a lot. I don't like their owner's desperate attempts to prove they're quicker than an out-of-the-box French POS.
Sideways yo!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2010, 03:56:26 pm »
Yeh but was it a JKM confirmed 400hp because if it wasnt then its probably not 400hp :signLOL:

But will still keep up with an m5!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 07:46:48 pm »
have i missed something pov? just a clio getting done by a csl and a gtr with a shocking driver :confused:

clio keeping up with stuff it supposedly shouldnt be able to.

Im not impressed by the FRS abilities, it performed as expected, whats so impressive about a 400hp 1500kg car keeping up with a 500hp 1700kg car loaded with 5 passengers?

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2010, 08:07:02 pm »
That m3 acceleration is uber quick!!! A boat load more than 360 by the look of it. Love it.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 08:38:31 pm »

clio keeping up with stuff it supposedly shouldnt be able to.

Im not impressed by the FRS abilities, it performed as expected, whats so impressive about a 400hp 1500kg car keeping up with a 500hp 1700kg car loaded with 5 passengers?

get what your saying but its 8:45 lap which is very slow for both the csl and gtr, not that fast for the clio tbh, as i said above sticking footage of cars on track staying with others is pointless, my gran could be driving a gt3rs and im sure you would pass her on a scooter :signLOL: the ring has the slowest people on there of any track you will go on, rich pricks who want a sticker most of em.