Make a donation

Author Topic: Next months EVO has landed - Golf R test  (Read 6093 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Next months EVO has landed - Golf R test
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 10:14:41 pm »
i agree with poverty.  i used to buy evo all the time, but i got bored of reading about supercars that ill neverbe able to afford.  There was a magazine out a while back called PerformanceCar, the only cars in that were affordable performance motors and it was really good, with proper performance comparisons etc, but they stopped producing it

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 10:34:16 pm »
Sorry guys but I enjoy EVO immensely. Not only is the photography spot on the writing is excellent. I know I can't afford a GT3:RS but reading about it from these guys is the next best thing.

They do cover "normal" cars as well and have interesting motoring related features that I enjoy reading.

Sorry if you guys find it a "pile of wank". Guess you will be fooked once Max Power goes.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 10:38:21 pm »
Sorry guys but I enjoy EVO immensely. Not only is the photography spot on the writing is excellent. I know I can't afford a GT3:RS but reading about it from these guys is the next best thing.

They do cover "normal" cars as well and have interesting motoring related features that I enjoy reading.

Sorry if you guys find it a "pile of wank". Guess you will be fooked once Max Power goes.

:grin:

I have to agree, Us lot who love cars are just little boys really who never grew up. I love reading and seeing great pics of ridiculously expensive cars. I come here for my dose of reality.  :sad1:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2011, 10:42:39 pm »

I'll be inconsolable but ill just join a vauxhall forum to get my body kit kicks

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2011, 11:13:12 pm »

Max power is a pile of wank too.

You guys need to take up german and read some real car reviews, they even review tuned cars, for example a 333hp rocco r dsg which lapped Sachsenring faster than a BMW M3 GTS and it's just one second behind a 997.2 GT3 on the same tyres! With a full interior. Something us ordinary folk can aspire to  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 11:36:22 pm »
Mann kann das gut Deutsch sprechen und lesen.  :P

Although I am a bit rusty.  :rolleye:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 09:43:29 am »
Germans should be forced to permanently speak English as they lost the right when they lost the war :rolleye:

I do agree that EVO leans towards the expensive end of the market, but every now and then they do review modded cars.....don't forget that they were the first to review the REVO Leon and when they do comparison testing they use actual performance figures gained form the Racelogic performance box. All their comparative data they have for the west circuit is in the back of the magazine and when you look at the data figures in the magazine, the ones in bold are figures EVO have achieved and range from supermini's to supercars.

As is often said on here though ETTO :happy2:

PS - only kidding about the Germans  :innocent:
Golf R gone.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 10:23:16 am »