Make a donation

Author Topic: Cheap Rubber Car Mats! (Argos)  (Read 4566 times)

Offline TANNER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Cheap Rubber Car Mats! (Argos)
« on: December 27, 2010, 05:29:24 pm »
Afternoon all,

I have been after some rubber mats due to the recent sh*te weather and my carpet ones having ice on them for days at a time. Found a set of 4 from Argos value range which I liked as they has some red piping round them ala GTI lipstick!

They are a mere £6.99 so anyone as tight as me would enjoy the price!
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7400531.htm?_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:7400531%7Ccat:garden+and+diy+%2F+car+equipment+and+accessories+%2F+car+seat+covers+and+mats+%2F

I have used one of the rears on my drivers side and cut it to fit the same floor pattern as the carpet mats so that I could keep the red piping on it.
The passenger side has been left as it came as my girlfriend manages to use the whole mat when she is in the car with dirty feet! :mad:

Only negative thing is the strong smell of rubber but I have left mine to air for a few days and it has faded now.

A great purchase for the winter months if you dont want to go all out on OEM mats. :drinking:

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
Re: Cheap Rubber Car Mats! (Argos)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 10:18:07 pm »
I bought rubber mats last winter to save the carpet mats for summer use only as they were getting some abuse but ended up using them all year round.  So much more practical especially as I go mountain biking and have muddy feet in the summer.  Got the OEM ones though as it ment I could use the fixings in the floor.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 04:28:15 pm »
+1 for OEM rubber mats. They fit really well.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 05:33:13 pm »
+1 for OEM rubber mats. They fit really well.
........same here & as above you can use the factory clips. At that money tho could be worth getting a set & screwing them on the garage wall to stop doors banging etc  :grin:
ED35. Standard factory condition.