Make a donation

Author Topic: Are these fake?  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: Are these fake?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 10:37:18 pm »
Yes fake just need to look at the offset which says Offset - 45 genuine will be 51 also width is 7.5 on originals fakes are usually 8 :happy2:

Darren

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 10:43:42 pm »
as above def fake

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 10:57:14 pm »
Anyone spotts any genuine please let me know!!!!!
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 11:01:46 pm »
They're definitely replicas but look quite good IMO  :smiley:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 11:10:50 pm »
would these reps cause me any probs? are the poor quality/weaker/would I get wheel vibration etc etc etc?

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 10:28:09 pm »
I would stick to the genuine ones at least you know they are decent quality keep an eye on the for sale section on here they come up now and again or keep looking on ebay i got a set of genuine ones on ebay for 270 with tyres but they all needed refurbed but if your after the diamond cut face buy some already done because it will cost you a fair bit to get them refurbed like that

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 10:47:58 pm »
how much am I looking for a refurb? average? want them back inner with a nice polished front....like these

« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:53:23 pm by Johnny_tro »

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 11:09:47 pm »
probly 100 a wheel to get refurbed with diamond cut finish i just had them painted so was cheaper for me

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 11:18:50 pm »
how much am I looking for a refurb? average? want them back inner with a nice polished front....like these
Depends on the company but £75-100 a wheel.

Stick with genuine Monzas.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 11:45:45 pm »
Stu < do you have a pic of yours? so can compare a painted finish to polished?

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 11:50:31 pm »
^^^Might be worth reading his build thread? clicky

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 11:56:16 pm »
plus with the rep alloys after a few months they can get attacked by the dreaded white worm affect

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 08:31:31 pm »
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16914.15.html there is some pics here of my wheels painted black i dont have the car anymore so cant really take any better pics of them but im sure there is plenty ppl on the forums who have painted or powdercoated monzas

Offline smokeybubbles

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 01:30:44 am »
Gen wheels get white worm too...  With reps you get what you pay for.  they look great when new, and if used in summer, and looked after well the will continue to look nice.  But lets be honest they are under £500 new, and genuine one are over £2000 new,  that price difference is not just VW/Ronal/BBS making a profit, the wheels are better on the inside.  It's your money, spend it wisely.  My money would be kept in my pocket with a set of 17"s on while i save up for a nice set of wheels that are not replicating anything else.  BLQ rotiform make me smile at the moment.  a set of anthracite 19's are making me drool while i type...  Now thats what i would spend my pennies on!!