Make a donation

Author Topic: Show us your bike...  (Read 9366 times)

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Show us your bike...
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 09:42:43 pm »
i've got a cube LTD PRO sixpot,been to llandegla today on my lapierre zesty,put my new brakes through theres paces

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 10:19:38 pm »
My bikes never cost more than £100.  they normally last about 18 months before i bin them and buy new. Its the best way, and i cover a fair few miles on them as well, cycling to and from work twice a day, about 5 miles each way,

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 10:59:02 pm »
it all depends what your going to use the bike for,i wouldnt fancy trail riding on a £100 bike as the components arent designed to withstand that sort of punishment plus would weigh a lot,but fair enough if its just for getting to work

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 11:54:25 pm »
it all depends what your going to use the bike for,i wouldnt fancy trail riding on a £100 bike as the components arent designed to withstand that sort of punishment plus would weigh a lot,but fair enough if its just for getting to work

way i see it, is for the first year you have warranty, so if it breaks its replaced, if lasts longer its a bonus.  And at £100 your not bothered when it needs replacing anyway.

got a few mates with uber expensive bikes.  i reckon they have had mroe issues with theirs than i have with my halfords specials :grin:

agreed though, i wouldnt feel safe going down a mountain on it though :grin:

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 05:56:31 pm »
Here's my bike been a ride this morning but its a real mess now the snow's melted

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline dnLcal

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 08:39:32 pm »
As everyone has said above mate, for that budget you should stick with a hardtail you cant go far wrong with a specialized or a scott, bomb proof bikes good value for money, its all ive ever ridden since i was a kid

Dnlcal - did u used to go on SDH? I reconise the name! I was frostybiker from there? Ring any bells?

Mitch
Yep i did and i do seem to remember you.

I had a few bikes while i was on there: -
-2 big hits
-1 azonic steelhead
-1 24 Le toy
-Fit series one.

funny how you find people on different forums!

Cal

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 11:00:49 am »
Haha yeh small world n all that

Offline Truckie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Formula Hot Laps
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 07:04:45 pm »
Here's mines: went for a hard tail as at the time
I couldn't afford a full suspension.

Excuse the mess! Lol

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 07:38:11 pm »
A few of mine.  Running hope pro 2 hubs and mavic 717 rims, sram 990 red cassette and KMC X9 SL Titanium Nitride Gold Chain but don't have new pics.  Weight is down to 25lb so is very fast and nimble

Reference £100 bikes, once you've spent time with quality equipment, the difference is night and day.  I couldn't ride as fast, tackle as much and enjoy anywhere near as much on a halfords special, with biking you truly get what you pay for!  Whether the £60 chain makes a difference is debatable but it certainly looks good :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 07:42:38 pm by winrya »

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 08:21:34 pm »
Old Skool Rules!  :laugh:

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 11:56:45 pm »
This is mine, but it's an on-roader!  :smiley:

Offline bondy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 09:52:09 am »
i've got a cube LTD PRO sixpot,been to llandegla today on my lapierre zesty,put my new brakes through theres paces

I can't wait to go back to llandegla, went there a few months ago. How you getting on with the zesty, I brought mine a couple of months back and love it.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 10:02:31 am »

I can't wait to go back to llandegla, went there a few months ago. How you getting on with the zesty, I brought mine a couple of months back and love it.

I also enjoy llandegla, my problem at the moment is i broke some ribs there back in october in heavy rain and still havent got my confidence back, I'm okay at most places but jumps and llandegla make me freeze up.  Doing east ridge today, first ride in 5 weeks

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 11:26:00 am »

the zesty is ace especially now i've changed the brakes,the formula rx's didnt work in the wet and were really noisy so i've put a set of hope v2's on,was meant to be going to coedy brenan today but got a boring family meal,i ride cannock chase most of the time as its only down the road,